4G93t North/South Conversion - Colt Galant.

Datsunutestuff

Hi guys,

I've bought a Colt Galant 16l with a 4G93t conversion partially completed. However I'm running into some stumbling blocks, and am looking for advice/knowledge on a few areas.

First is cooling. Soooooo....the inlet piping on this project goes from the bottom of the radiator to the water pump inlet (the old O-ring flange end pipe).

On the back of the head the old inlet/outlet has a blanking plate fitted, and the actual outlet runs from the block exit on the exhaust side. An inline thermostat will be fitted aswell as the temp sensor. I've run the air compressor through it and have confirmed positive flow, so I'm thinking there will be no issues.

Now if all of that made sense, does anybody see any issues with this setup?

Up next..... cam angle sensor and adjustable cams.... But let's deal with the first question if we can.

Happy to provide pictures.

not sure about your outlet? better throw up a pic, I've got a few 16L bits in my lockup if your short. is the outlet from the block or head? I've used 4age? inline thermostats from pick a part corollas with good success , have herd they are not good to use in theory but in real life they have worked well.

Righto here we go, Proposed inlet Inlet (Block behind the water pump) :

IMG_20160930_132514_zpsxa1mfuyn.jpg

Blanked off plate on rear of head :

IMG_20160930_132523_zpswz8mn5uu.jpg

Proposed Outlet (from head, where I believe the orginal thermostat housing bolted to) :

IMG_20160930_132453_zpsub58u20j.jpg

Will run a pipe and inline thermostat and the temp sensor from here to top tank on radiator.

So, is this logical and does it make sense? Like I said I blew the compressor through and obviously the water galleries are connected, so I don't see any drama not running the inlet/outlet that is blocked off at the back of the head.

If you can find one - there is an import early-mid 90s L300 van which runs the SOHC 16V 4G92 1600cc engine. That would be a good donor for the water pipe stuff.

A 4G93 isn't as easy to RWD convert as say a 4G63 where there is lots of aftermarket or well documented support. Plus the 93 isnt a robust engine either. 

Thanks for the input, I'm happy to fabricate the pipes - as its relatively easy, I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything as far as the how the cooling system runs. I'm basically at the point with this car (which I assumed going in) that if it all goes together and runs well, bonus! Otherwise I'll just rip it all out and convert it back to original. Well "original".

That being said, all of the hard work is done - so I'd love to see it run.