Hemi's 1978 C10 truck

Hemi

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Holy long time batman . well not much has been going on tbh, just sitting under cover. anyway im currently playing around with refrigeration and as a result have started collecting all the gear to work on the stuff. finally this week the vacuum pump showed up , some people in spam might have seen me just send some lpg into the a/c system and seeing what happened , amazingly it worked and not too bad. but i had no idea what was in the system prior and had not vac'd it down so with the pump now in my hands i vented the system and then put in under vacuum for an hour and then left it sitting while i went off on a mission inland. came back and needle had barely moved after 6t hours , sweeet. i had picked up some camp stove bottle with a Butane , iso-butane, propane mix , which with all their vapor pressuresw and boiling points should work mint. ( something like @ 1 bar butane is 0 deg c , iso is -12 and propane -42 or something like that. 
anyway pretty much used 480 grams and that got it unfrozen, at 20 psi low side and just starting to rise, so hopefully should have enough liquid in the system to stay happy , i could have calculated it but tbh im having a play and getting a feel for how thing react is what im doing it for . 
Im blown away that the system still work on this vehicle . like i remember driving it back from melbourne when i bought it and it kept losing power in a cyclic fashoin, i didnt click until i had pulled over for a piss and heard the a/c kick in and went" the a/c system is degassed. so the thing was pumping for hours with no gas in it. so thought the pump would be fucked. 
nah oil coming out was clean and no unhappy noises. stoked!

anyway photos

PXL_20240504_093523407.jpg

• Like 6