Ranter's 1986 Mitsubishi Starion

Ranter

I've had this since around 1998 but store it for a few years at a time. It had been 3 years when I went to get it from the ex's place a few weeks back. It didn't start first turn like normal but it started and run fine until a small bang and a lot of black smoke from I assume was a fuel leak catching, a bit of panic and a garden hose stretched further than what seems possible fire was contained and the outcome was better than expected with so far only minor damage to paint and some wiring to replace.

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

So I've got it into work for the repairs, it has never needed anything but maintenance in my ownership so its a bit unusual to have to work on it.

Removed manifold, I'm not doing a thing wiring wise I'll get an electrician to sort it and might claim insurance if costs get too high, might anyway because of the painting required.

IMG_1509.jpg

Hoping to have it running by Christmas which in my time scale is quickly.

• Like 5

IMG_1512.jpg

Insulator survived perfectly,

IMG_1513.jpg

Interior shot, considering the shenanigans the young put their cars through I'm amazed how it held up. I did clean it a lot.

IMG_1514.jpg

Some clothing brand apparently.

These euro spec cars are quite different from the Japanese ones, 3.5 8in LSD, ABS 132kw. Advertised as fastest 2L on the road (lol)

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

IMG_1857.jpg

One replicated wiring loom which cost a lot more than I had in mind or thought it could but it is done and is movement in the right direction. Next is to have manifold cleaned up and to reassemble that, I have all the genuine seals and injector kits already but I'm sure there will be stuff I haven't thought of that will slow things down.

• Like 4