1964 Ford XP Falcon - Noel - Supercharged

Hey guys im moderating the thread for my dad. Here we have a 1964 Ford XP falcon that my dad has had for 20+ years. He has had a fully reconditioned heads and motor blocks and he has had a single carb supercharger. About a year ago we started peicing it together and this is how it went:

Disscusion: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/48719-1964-ford-xp-falcon-noel-supercharged-disscusion/

My Anglia:

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/48706-1963-ford-anglia-first-car-shannon/

Anglia Disscusion:

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/48716-1963-ford-anglia-first-car-shannon-disscusion/

Brothers Anglia:

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/42275-jordens-1967-ford-anglia-105e/?hl=jordens

Dads Anglia:

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/45036-noels-1963-ford-anglia/?hl=anglia

So this is how it started out as Yellow and just sitting in weeds with flat tires:

rz2frsr0.up0.jpg

This is the super charger:

uyihqhkx.sfk.jpg

And the motor on the stand:

l13kbhwm.5lz.jpg

First step was to take the old shot motor out:

luyudqjn.pxw.jpg

Which looks like this:

a3vr3gjd.ger.jpg

Next was to put the motor together first to give it the signature Ford Blue paint:

gzo0z45f.tc0.jpg

And then we put it fully together and it looked like this:

fklp0cxi.huv.jpg

Next we started the long process of putting the motor in:

z3i3plcd.ltj.jpg

And that ended up looking like this:

ter0cgfm.f0e.jpg

Side veiw, but we wernt happy with how high it was sitting so a future project is to make a spacer to make it as high as the top window line:

mqvzbksl.wqq.jpg

But we diddnt have time to make one before the formal so we just went with it. After checking everything and fitting a dummy fuel can to feed it fuel we started her up for the first time:

https://youtu.be/brKckiFJRjQ

Next we had to cut the hole in the bonnet, although we did not want to as they are hard to come by:

vpycd25s.qdx.jpg

And finally came the paint:

10tsxvol.vfb.jpg

rppdtil3.jgg.jpg

p0mwlpci.l1g.jpg

2ctviqv4.zlv.jpg

And this is how it turned out, pretty well i think for no body work except a small bit of sanding:

khhaxsoj.bbe.jpg

wiekxcfd.5ba.jpg

ouispj1x.ets.jpg

fouvsa4q.qch.jpg

ucfev1qu.ggj.jpg

But now this is how it sits waiting for us to get her going as she blew a head gasket. The plan is to pull her out this weekend and start getting it ready properly rust and all for the Kaikoura Hop. Here it has the recently purchased shotgun scoop which gives it a mean feel. Will update soon!

m3wadipr.xcs.jpg

• Like 9

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

A lot has happened recently.

We have put the motor back in after taking it out and repairing the head gasket. After doing so we put it back in and tried to start it, which was pretty sucsesful. Untill we started to drive it. One of the lifters was not oiling up and after a lot of investigation we found out that multiple wernt. And also after driving it up and down the road it was constantly backfiring which we nailed down a air leak which was confirmed after taking the gaskets between the supercharger and the intake manifold off. So now we have replaced the lifters and push roads and also the rockers. The pully is away getting re machined. And we are waiting on cork for a proper gasket.

Hopefully soon we will have it ready but at this point it is staying in the garage.

• Like 5

• 7 months later...

Another quick update. We have been trying to get it going properly but it just hasn't been happening for us. We have broken a few harmonic balancers which we know the cause of (Supercharger belt to tight) and the next step would be to replace the current one of them. If that dosent work or next resort will be just to get it fully rebuilt because of what we think is a bent valve. Time will tell.

lnt45xnn.qpi.jpg

t2z0lj5m.now.jpg

2ev3qcfu.1i4.jpg

4bj4b1nc.v4p.jpg

• Like 2