quick 4age blacktop question

ta63-1uzze

im just going to put it down to shit ignition and bore wash, its something that I've never tested for so who knows how much compression can be lost due to bore wash

my friends compresion tester was missing the small plug fitting so I never gave it another test. and I cant remove the fitting from the end of mine to do a leak down test.

but it doesn't really matter now cause its running so it will definitely be well over 60 psi.  these things are meant to be about 200 psi( something like 11 to 1 comp ratio, or there abouts) . . . so maybe tomorrow if I can be fucked I will do another compression test to see how much a wet cylinder gives. but it will be high , I just put new oil and filter in it so not to keen on purposely throwing fuel in there to wash the bore and then testing so for now I think I will just leave it at poor ignition being the main culprit

its been a long as fuck week for me. lots of hours spent, most of them was fucking around to get the correct parts from bnt, there "system" is a joke. I pretty much had to take every part down to them to match up lol.

ah well its all done now and thank fuck for that

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Minimum to be in spec is like 150psi iirc.

I had one cylinder down to 110psi due to valves not seating correctly, others were about 180psi. You couldn't tell it was any different, just the idle was shit - even managed a pb top speed at Manfeild, with a passenger in the car even like that

TL:DR 4AGE's will use oil/smoke etc and still drive fine