Silly MR T brought a Triumph 2000 sight unseen

MRT1TRD

So the other week thought it was a good idea to bid on this thinking I could put new points in and go...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=827790532

since no one else bid obviously no one else thought it was a good idea.

Turns out there was quite abit not declared in the auction (not sold as is where is) eg major rust in both A pillars

SDC11044_zpsb4c09a20.jpg

SDC11045_zps27385154.jpg

and also small amount at bottom of all doors.

anyway guy claims he had spent $5000 on it but I struggled to find where. tho engine and trans has had work by some unexperienced mechanics (mixing silicone sealant & cork gaskets is a sure sign of this)

and it does run quite well once i changed the points, Ballast resistor, and put some oil in the carbs

SDC11047_zps52890e30.jpg

SDC11047_zps52890e30.jpg

I dont need this car and am willing to sell it for what i paid for it $600 now that it starts and drives

but if your not quick the price will go up as i will fix it. 

SDC11043_zpsa074b5e3.jpg

SDC11041_zps6c23781a.jpg

• 1 month later...

So tho I have decided this car is not worth my effort fixing it has been quite useful.

Firstly used the front wheels for customers trailer that needed a new axle (could not find new 4x98 anymore)

2nd I used the rubber spring helpers from the LF spring to fix a accord that was slightly to low in the front (BMC used these to level the car due to uneven spring from factory)

thirdly a nice stag came in for its wof and I sold him all the switches and controls from the column & center consul as his was in well used condition.

SDC11097_zpshpdyv2fi.jpg

SDC11098_zpsy6crzsuv.jpg

So now that It has come to some use its off to the dump in a week unless someone wants to buy it $300 or buy some parts off it cheep