Jake's 1983 Toyota Corolla ke70

jake.

So0o0o I sold my chevette, bought a 180sx to cruise around in for a bit and then bought this from wellington. Got it pretty cheap considering its in almost original condition with pretty damn tidy original paint and almost no rust. Has low km's, old lady owner for 30 years blah blah you get the idea. Has a 4k with the 4 speed so a 5 speed swap is in the works down the track a bit.

Flew down on the sunday afternoon and drove it back home with no wof, no reg and no worries haha. Ran sweet the whole way and i've just been chipping away at the list of things it needs for the wof. Once its all legal I'm gunna save up for some sweet japanese wheels and some more low. Have a front lip for it which i may chuck on and some fender mirrors coming from overseas already.

Couple pics from the instamagram (excuse the shitty filters lol)

10534919_1583348478546412_18602641_n.jpg

Just after picking it up and getting some gas, the guy I bought left the AA and JAF badges on it too.

10848204_402510029898618_1590034281_n.jp

10865181_379180455583918_1961169400_n.jp

Even came with a legit nardi! Don't think the guy really knew what they are worth so said I could have it. Has a nardi horn button to go with too.

So far i've put new tyres on it, put the new carpet in, replaced the cracked tail light, bolted the seats down properly and chucked a headunit in it with a speaker hidden under the dash, will do for now. My new shocks arrived today so gunna chuck them in tonight and then it's almost wof time!!! :-D

Lemme know what you think or whatevs here //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/46355-jakes-1983-toyota-corolla-ke70-discussion/?p=1438176

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

lately i've just been getting this up to wof spec so i can drive it round without having to worry. Chucked some short shocks in it all round as the old ones were leaking, new rack end, welded up some rust in the crossmember, replaced the tail lights with what i think are the japanese spec ones (not sure, maybe someone can tell me difference). got some factory fender mirrors for it so gunna chuck those and and maybe this front lip i've got sitting in the garage. 

10877707_10203372291100179_799225367_n.j

got my lil bro holding it to see how its gunna look, it fits good, just not sure what colour to paint it if i put it on.

10934647_10203372299260383_1973262246_n.

• Like 1

Finally got a wof this morning. Now i'm just gunna drive it as it is and tidy up little things. Saving up to get some nice wheels and coilovers, not sure if i should go custom made or get some ae86 ones and adapt them. If anyone has any advice or knowledge they wanna share lemme know in the discussion thread what the best thing to do for these is, suspension wise. Cheers

Shitty phone pic with the new tail lights fitted.

tumblr_nihtsxa32Q1qetawso1_540.jpg

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/46355-jakes-1983-toyota-corolla-ke70-discussion/?p=1438176

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Today I picked up some pioneer ts-x8's off Ed and chucked them in, they look much better than your average 6x9s and sound mint so I'm stoked! Also got my headunit mounted and working properly, would prefer something more old school but at least the backlighting matches the dash and buttons.

0mxzw2rq.3mi.jpg

Need to take the Autotechnica horn button off and put my Nardi one on. If I can find it.. 

zd5alscf.cpr.jpg

Found the toolkit from when this was new amongst a pile of parts I got with the car, doesn't look like anything in it has ever been used. Comes with lots of little random/cool things like a pop up wheel chock.

qlmjdtsu.ts0.jpg

Chucked these blanket/drape/whatevers onto the back seats as the fabric has a few rips to stop them getting worse. Will do for now until I can find some better cond seats or get these ones recovered  :flower:

1krodhr3.lkt.jpg

Once again I'm sorry for the horrible pic quality, tis all off my iphone. Need to get the dslr out and take some proper pictures of this thing! 

• Like 1