j.e.d.'s 1971 HQ ex race car

j.e.d.

As if I didn't need another project..oh well always wanted a HQ after great memories as a kid growing up driving round in the back seat of mum & dad's HQ games car..blame it on them I say!

Discuss here:

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/46205-jeds-1971-hq-ex-race-car/

Had a road trip down to Lower Hutt last weekend. Left home at 3:30am..Called thru Fielding to pick these up for Euron8..

20141206_084430.jpg

HQ all loaded up & ready to go at 1pm..

20141206_125545.jpg

Got home at about 8:30pm feeling pretty good - 1160km round trip...sweet as! Biggest pain in the arse was unloading it by myself into a tight gap in the dark with goddam mozzies the size of WW2 bombers attacking me..

20141206_210512.jpg

All tucked in beside the one tonner I was trying to sell a few weeks ago, but now I'll raid it for any missing parts I need before I try again to flick it off..think I'll list it here next time..

20141206_211946.jpg

Monday morning I spent a couple of hours putting the front end on it to make it look more like a car..who needs to work!!

20141208_115641.jpg

This car is the old Murray Brook race car that won the championship for a couple of years in 2009/10 I think(?) It's been certed for a deleted back seat, lowered, bucket seats, 3300 3spd, blah blah..so I'll probably get it back on the road with that setup.

I want it done quick & nasty so I'm hoping to have it back on the road sometime next year so I can drive something old again (last car I had on the road was a nice '85 V8 calais about 4-5 years ago)

What's stopping me from ripping into it straight away is the lack or work space, which is why I'm in the midst of building a shed to put my cars in..a new Holden House of Heaven  :rolleyes:

This is where I'm up to on that..

20141111_174616.jpg

Just waiting on a concrete mate of mine to start which won't be til the new year unfortunately, but can't wait!

• Like 7