Zebra Dudes 1973 Mustang Sportsroof

The Dude

• 3 weeks later...

So here's the mustangs lovely floor, or lack of floor!

71-73 Mustang sportsroofs have the flattest angle rear window of any production car, its great for star gazing, but rubbish for seeing behind you, especially if you have a jacked up car with a spoiler.

The other thing they are really good for is directing water all over the floor of the car, the second the seal gives out, if you have a desert car, the sun rots the seal and as soon as it rains it fills the car with water. This is very, very bad news for floorpans.

Just like this!

post-18249-0-94497000-1418865375_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

I've added the boot spoiler, simply because my Trunk lid was wasted, and being a cheapskate I bought a second hand one for $30 with the holes already drilled in it. I decided it was easier to put on a spoiler than fill the holes, and being a 70's kid Spoilers are awesome :)

You'll have to forgive the poor photo's, but its all I can get at the moment, I'll do some proper ones when it lands on Kiwi shores next month!

post-18249-0-24234300-1421969722_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I bought a new bumper at the same time as mine disappeared at some time during its stay in the desert, the interior has to be seen to be believed, but it's slowly improving. sadly this Mustang was equipped with an irreplaceable Avocado interior, i'm just changing most of it to Black at the moment as Avocado is not remanufactured, and all the interiors I checked out were shot, and expensive. There is new carpet, mats and most of the trim replaced so far, and it still looks crap! But since I've now started to run out of Mustang cash, its going to have to do, Bloody projects always cost at least 5 times what you think eh?

post-18249-0-69152200-1421970065_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok so finally i got around to sorting out the Tranny, winter has been cold, and there's been so much to do with the Cannonball and other assorted things.

Me and Three on the tree were going through another shed reorganisation (we bought more cars!) and I spotted the Mustang dirty, and neglected sitting in a pool of tranny fluid.

"Fuck its a shame I said, what kind of asshat leaves a car like that to sit around?

I pulled it up the front and decided to run it down a friends to stick it on the ramp and change the trans gaskets, I had them in the car anyway, two minutes of looking at it and we decided that the box is not a C4 and these were the wrong bits, its a C6 he said, wtf??? I thought all 302's came standard with a C4? Anyway he ordered the bits and I took off home.

Next morning I got a call, mustangs done he said and I popped down to pick it up, honestly it feels so good to have an oil tight trans, I cant believe I've been pushing the F@$ker around the shed for so long. I picked up a set of wiper blades for it too. 

It's funny, but my cars always seem to inspire a love hate relationship with the public, Some guy in an Audi 4x4 was looking down his nose at me at the lights, quite literally sneering at me, when all of a sudden the back windows rolled down and his kids started taking pics and asking me to rev it up, maybe it pissed him off my couple of grand Mustang was cooler than his $110k Audi to his kids?

Now I guess I should finish the interior, a bit, get the lights working and maybe, just maybe get this thing legal?

• Like 9

• 1 year later...

So sadly due to my Missis accident I have to sell this asap. It's just had the box rebuilt and is an awesome car.

I wouldn't sell it but I must finish my house in a hurry.

If some kind soul might put this up in the for sale section for me that would be awesome.