1uz engine wiring problems

scottc1088

Hi all iv used a 1uz engine to power my r33 skyline. Iv used the wiring guide on here and had the engine running for a few secs then it cuts out. After checking the donor car I can see the ecu is immobilised.

I still have the donor car but can't find a wiring pin out for the immobiliser box to wire it in.

here's the ecu number of the immobilised one

89661-50310, Immo box is 89780-50010 and it is from a 1996 UK ls400 ucf20

Iv also got a ecu part no 89661-50160 fr9m a 1993 ucf10 ls400 which doesn't have an immobiliser, when I plug this in the main relay doesn't get switched on so doesn't run.if I swap the igt wires around and bridge the relay it fires for a few seconds then logs fault code 15 and cuts out.

Can anyone help to get either of the ecus to work for me?

• Like 1

There is a bloke in Moscow who can help you with your immobilizer.

I may end up using the same bloke, so that's a bit of postage for me, not so much for you :)

Google George_R. $150 US or so and he does something, let us know how you go.
I've contacted him via Google + but no response as yet, maybe I did it wrong.
I've also been thinking that if I could emulate the code I'd be fine as I think I have a way of resetting the ecu to accept the code I give it.
But the engine is still on the floor of the shed and I have a deck and stable and retaining wall to build and business to run.......... jebus.
Good luck!

More to my post.
If anyone has a key/amplifier combo not in use/surplus that'd be great.
I'd love to give it a crack.
PM me.

I have yet to read into it more, I think some had immobilizer on-board and some had separate ecu for security.

The good thing about car computers is that they must be non-encrypted! :) mwahahaha.

Yeah iv already messaged George, waiting for a reply.

Iv got 1 event I need to do then over the winter ill be fitting a turbo and running standalone management so ill not need the immobiliser box and key chip if your interested?

Was looking at other v8 engines and this looked the best for the money and will make plenty of power with boost :)

Fed up of fixing rb engines so hopefully this will be more reliable

Turbo! Weeeeeeeeeee, then you sir, made the correct choice :)

If I get really stuck, I'll PM on the box and key, but otherwise, there should be plenty about the place over here, people are steering clear of the vvti's unless they're going full aftermarket from what I can see.

They're into the non-vvti's in a big way though.

Let us know how it goes with George.