1jz wiring question

Mike Simmonds

one pinout diagram i found has said there is a fuel pump pin...... 'This pin outputs a 0V to 5V Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) signal which is connected to the Fuel Pump ECU to control fuel pump speed. '

fuel pump ecu? does anyone know if i put this to 12v relays if would still trigger the pumps to go on?

On my wagon im running a supra ecu. The fuel pump is controlled via a separate computer that controls speed for noise etc. Unsure if you're one runs the same setup. There is a single signal wire the works in pulses instead of a solid signal. So will not switch a relay. Found a diagram on the net to make a small circuit to use this sugnal to switch a relay.

I made one up last night based on e30-323ti's link. is the only thing you have earthed is the one diode? or are both earthed? purple wire is signal in and green signal out? I have earthed the second resistor, diodes, and capacitor, so I might have fuked it up. ill have another crack and follow yours tonight.

this is what i ended up doing, fpc ecu output through circuit kept triggering fuel pumps to turn on constantly when ign switched on, alternator warning lamp feed produced 0.7v with ign switched on (meant to be earth until engine running) which was also enough to switch fuel pumps on. mate came up with this idea to wire handover relay to trigger cor and seems to work well so far.

xfpztnm1.pep.jpg\