Jesse's 1983 rx60 hack

Made a start on the suspension this evening by grinding the spring perches off the spare strut casings/stub axles i have, will find some 50id steel pipe to weld on for the sleeves to seat on and buy some decent inserts and rcas.most likely will just roll the standard tophats with a locating piece tacked in

if8y1f.jpg

21ad7ie.jpg

53p92q.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This week I purchased a gx61 that ive had my eye on for the past year, it features coil overs,f series irs,w55, some 15x8 sportmaxx eyesores and a 1ggte with a BHG my theory is that it will pay for itself being that the price I purchased it for is what decent suspension and diff setup wouldve cost me. I have a second 1ggte that will be swapped into it in the coming weeks, if its a lemon it will be removed and the rx60s 2jz will be bolted in place.

post-6783-0-52352700-1426375281_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

decided to get this moving again, swapped both axles and diff head for manual ratio 

post-6783-0-38536500-1426701489_thumb.jpgpost-6783-0-41319100-1426701578_thumb.jpg

while i was at it tried on one of the watanabes

post-6783-0-40889900-1426701772_thumb.jpgpost-6783-0-04763200-1426701707_thumb.jpg

the width and offset is perfect for non irs so i will be stripping them and painting them shortly, was pretty sure i wanted to paint a gunmetal colour but now seeing them in black on the car i think that might suit it more

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Swapped the coilovers from the gx61 into the rx60, this was a pain in the ass!

I had to swap the top hats as one of the bolts is off by about 5mm, i also had to swap the calipers as the mounts are slightly different then once that had been sorted i went to bolt the stock rims back on, also failed as they foul on the spring on the inside.

Grabbed some slipon spacers off a friend to remedy this in the short time while my watanabes were stripped and painted 

27wyd21.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

awesome day at hampton for the drifjunkies vs driftkana x, here are my favourite pics pinched from a few of the photography pages.

52nj7n.jpg

2ex55kh.jpg

so much fun on full track, car behaved well staying at low temperatures went for a solid 3 or 4 30minute sessions, diff has developed a clacking noise between acceleration and decceleration, have found this is due to the driveshaft having to turn half a turn before engaging wheels so on the lookout for another diff head i think!

• Like 1