rb drifter's 1980 ex lancer

rb drifter

for a while ive been trying to find another ex lancer and managed to sus this one.

it aint anything pretty but that's just what I like.

plan is to build it as a skid/drift hack but keep plates live incase I decide to cert it later down the track

details so far, 1980 shell, 1.3 motor and 5 speed (for sale), adjustable shocks in front( not weled yet), no springs in back, red bucket seats, and gangsta tacho on the dash

pic dump.

4pns.jpgf4wn.jpgcvhs.jpg7nj4.jpgtdxy.jpg7v4s.jpg

• Like 1

so stuff I have to put in this,  

starion 2 litre crossmember, starion lower arms, starion struts and brakes,

engine is to consist of starion wideblock g63b, vr4 internals, choice of either evo or vr4 head, rwd intake etc. engines are in pieces atm need putting together.  im going with the starion block simply so I can run a hydraulic clutch and starion gearbox. for strength and reliability.

build will be mild for now as funds allow, but thankfully my cousin works for a1 turbos and is willing to lend a hand with the build.

ymqu.JPG

so the g32b motor has been removed. it took me a while to notice but the engine block, gearbox, d shaft and diff are all painted blue which I thought was rather funny.

old crossmember, lower arms and struts are removed.

and have now put in starion 2litre crossmember, starion lower arms and starion struts.

z2xp.jpgdkg0.jpg

also have been picking away at the cancer, might try doing some rust repairs myself but more the ones that aren't visable haha

twa1.jpgnlbu.jpg33vi.jpg

someones previous repair on the chassis rail..

o4cq.jpg

also got a racepro bucket seat still in the process of making it fit rails.

rsvh.jpg

stripped pretty much all the interior apart from dash, removed steering lock etc. next to do is chip off all the sound deadening.

7zdg.jpglipj.jpg

these are the old struts the car came on. I will be using the sleeve and springs and putting then onto my starion struts, the starion struts are getting ae92 inserts and  the housing shortened as much as possible to lower bumpstop height.

4j36.jpg

• 1 year later...

long time no update....   

since I last updated, has starion struts up front, cut springs, 4g63 sohc carby motor, locked diff, blocked rear brakes, got a bit multi coloured with the panel work.

has been used as my burnout car and does me well, 5th gear on the spot and got me 4th place at kaikohe burnouts and 3rd place at whangarei burnouts.

will try get pics and vids uploaded.