Mk2 Ford Transit Van

browndog

Here are some pics and a build thread of a Mk2 Transit I bought earlier this year. 

It is a 1979 100 with 2.0 ohc.Only  61000kms from new, originally owned by an old couple who had a poultry farm just outside of Dunedin,  and used it for hauling eggs once a week from the country into town  (as you can see by the cool hand painted graphic on the side!) Interior is near mint, upholstery, door trims, rubber mats etc all very good with no holes etc. Engine is amazing, quietest Pinto I have ever heard, no smoke, knocks or rattles. Unfortunately the old boy I bought it off (second owner) lives by the sea, and the last 7 years has been a bit hard on it. Surface rust over all of the mechanicals, and on the roof. A few small rust holes around the wheelarches. Fortunately underneath is all solid original Ford steel, so no work required there. I have a lot of NOS parts for it, like indicators, lights etc and a side loading door without window. So I will strip the whole thing back to bare metal and repaint, probably back in white again. Might give it a repower too, although the engine is in good nick, the low comp. pinto is no powerhouse!

158-5864_IMG.jpg

c43c98aa-6a3e-4367-a6ae-c79142d1a67e.jpg

wrought iron radio support bracket is something your grandad would be proud of :lol:
158-5878_IMG.jpg

hand painted chicken and egg graphic - nice!

158-5866_IMG.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

discussion://oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/41989-brown-dogs-mk2-transit/

IMG_1507[1].JPG

• Like 3

I just bought a set of mags the other day. These are Cheviot "Turbo"  and this is a set of very rare (especially for Transit) 15x8 size. They need a a full refurb, and new tyres, but will tidy up nicely. I am not convinced on the "look" however, so I am having a spare set of my steel rims banded and some wide tyres fitted. Anyhoo, some pics for ya' all:)

Conrad

164-6459_IMG.jpg

164-6460_IMG.jpg

164-6461_IMG.jpg

164-6462_IMG.jpg

discussion://oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/41989-brown-dogs-mk2-transit/

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up my rims today from Steel Surgeon, they turned them around in 4 days, and did a good job.Fronts widened from 5.5" to 7", and rears to 8".  Bit of a dummy trial before I get them painted and fit the bags on:

IM000001-1.jpg

Brown dog checking them out :

IM000004-1.jpg

IM000002.jpg

IM000003-1.jpg

Quite happy with that, they sit just inside the wheelarch. Ordered the tyres today from Top Town, BFG T/A's in 225/60x14 front and 245/60x14 for the rear:)

• Like 1