Datsun 260c column to floor shift

UP2DAT

Hi Guys,

I may have scored an L20et with manual box for my 260c, it was 3speed column change manual with benchy but the seat is long gone, does anyone know what’s required to make it floor shift?

I’m hoping it’s as simple as making a hole in the tunnel and installing individual seats though I am being very optimistic.

Cheers,

Ash

You should be ok, pull the carpet up and take a look when you get back to the car, if it's like what I found converting manual to auto, instead of having a plate spot welded on to suit the auto shifter over what normally was a manual shifter hole in the tunnel, yours will hopefully have a blanking plate spot welded in. Simply remove and voila! Hole in tunnel!

Probably a good idea to remove the column shifter mech and chuck a shroud off a non column manual model on there to tidy it all up. I have one you can have for nothing if you wish. Otherwise I can't see much being a problem, you already have the clutch pedal and master in place and TBH that was the trickiest part of my conversion.