Roberto & Juanitas '59 Austin A40 Farina

BobbyBreeze

• 4 months later...

Update time. 

Found some headlight surrounds. Were the only main trim piece missing so pretty happy. They also have a sweet patina that suits the car.

fmkwlv.jpg

sm97gh.jpg

My Dad has an Austin Healey Sprite project car so I borrowed the twin 1.25" SU's off it. Quick pull down, clean and new gaskets. Throttle spindles are a bit worn but should be okay. Open trumpets? Hmm.

24xopl1.jpg

2ufehcl.jpg

Been collecting some parts. Sweet oldschool oil pressure gauge. If anyone has a sweet old temp gauge they want to sell let me know, these things don't have temp gauge from factory!

339qepu.jpg

Fully reconditioned mk2 A40 Farina front uprights/brakes. Have had new king pin bushes, brake cylinders, shoes, seals, bearings etc. They are the later Sprite/Midget sized spindle so that's good, I can convert to Disc brakes without needing the full uprights. 

a9v9z6.jpg

Imported some 600lb race springs, Nylatron negative camber trunion bushes, poly wishbone bushes and complete pins/nuts/bolts/washer kit to rebuild the whole front end. Will rebuild to standard for revin then fit the good parts. 

14b3mol.jpg

Stupid flood this week mean't I had to work this weekend and miss out on Nats. Figured I should get this thing going for the next big meet (to show off the beard), so got it up on the hoist and got the exhaust made between grinding cams. Tucked up as far as I can over the diff, not 100% happy with it but will do for now. Will likely have to go under the diff when it gets boned anyway. 

o02ko0.jpg

2zxmj5f.jpg

Here you can see the totally sweet lever arm rear dampers & mechanical brakes. 

7299ae.jpg

Sweet stinger. 

21nkvvc.jpg

Should have it running this week, just waiting on some hardware to fit the Oil pressure gauge. Need to fit the wideband o2 sensor, wrap the exhaust manifold & Wendy is going to have a go at finishing welding the exhaust up today. Chur. 

• Like 4

• 9 years later...