converting nissan r31 coupe to five stud

hr31gts-x

The actual swap of the hub is straight forward:

Remove the brakes, remove the axle, undo the big nut in the back (30mm I think) holding the companion flange on, remove the companion flange, carefully tap out the old hub, remove the inner bearing. You will need to reuse the tapered spacer between the two bearings, don't use the one from the 5 stud hubs as it might be a different length. Reassembly is the reverse of disassembly. Use a torque wrench to do up the big nut, don't guess.

• 5 months later...

Havent been on here in while the y31 5 stud hubs were a no go offset was very very wrong wheels stuck out by almost 5" and couldnt get a disc to fit. So ended up finding some 5 stud z31 turbo hubs took almost a year to find some. They are same as factory 4 stud just have bigger splines on the chapion flange, so you nead to get the flange's with the hub if you do the swap.

Its a good upgrade just for the extra brakeing you get going 5 stud as im now running r32 bm44 master cylinder r32 gts-t disc's with four pots front and 2 pots rear. My coupe is top of the line factory turbo but only had one pots front factory and used to run out of brake's when i was giveing it bit of cain.

• Like 1