Taistorms '79 200b Wagoon

Taistorm

So yea recently added this to my fleet in the land of oz.

969330_10152996275555459_1137877254_n.jp
993301_10152996261550459_2044267648_n.jp
970577_10152996262700459_519910094_n.jpg
1012022_10153001555900459_523793945_n.jp

So I picked it up off this old italian who was deemed unable to drive anymore. 34 years in one family, carported its whole life (paint on the rear half has seen better days). 181,000kms on the clock and have been told the l20 has had a reco at some stage, wouldn't suprise me as it has definitely been looked after... Fairly new clutch master, mech fuel pump think the carbs had a rebuild, nolathane bushes in the front end, has been rust treated (only rust I could find was surface around the d pillar). It does have a flat sport mid rev range however and is a bit spluttery when cold so i'll check the timing and look at doing the ignition bits and pieces after I buy me some tools.

It's pretty rough around the edges.. Had its fair share of shopping trolley dings and the rear bumpers had a battle at some stage so isnt in the best condition which is expected however I picked the 200b up for sfa and am more than stoked cruising round in it as is.

Fitted with sweet roofracks and aussie bogan spec external sunvisor which is awesome. Has a retro digital tachometer box fitted to the steering coloumn and venetian blinds that need to be refitted, original tools in the front and complete factory manual.

Interior is in near immaculate condition, carpet looks brand new but is original, had seat covers since new so the velour/vinyl is in very good condition, no leaks inside and no cracks on the dash plus a working radio! Only thing that annoys me are 2 cracks in the center console.

Will try and get some more, better pics up at some stage if my phone decides to play ball and let me upload them.

Only plans really is to maintain, drop it 50-70mm and find some era wheels for it.

May look into getting a lumpy cam and springs to match and perhaps some twin sidedrafts but i'm jew as fuck right now so probably wont be on the cards for a while.

Tai.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So just been dailying this as of late.

Been up to fuck all with it really to be honest until today.

zyc3.jpg

Picked up all of these bits and pieces, got home then realised I forgot to get a bloody condensor and oil filter. GRRR.

Ah well was pretty lazy and didn't want to make another trip to the shop so got stuck in with what I had. Swapped the plus over, replaced all the engine bay fuel lines and fuel filter, gave the carby a bit of a clean up then changed over the points, cap and rotor.

I have some HT leads on the way and will look at giving the engine bay a general tidy up. Will also look at installing the headunit under the dash this weekend maybe.

Next pay day i'm considering giving it a dose of low so will probably just throw some blocks in the rear and some new springs up front. Will see how the cash flows is as i'd like to swap the shockies over aswell.

Some pictures as promised...

Interior shots:

by8o.jpg
oej8.jpg
4r9w.jpg
dpk2.jpg

Rouch Exterior:

55ug.jpg
sw79.jpg
09tj.jpg

Engine Bay, lonesome l20b:

tf8c.jpg
jlv7.jpg

And the beginnings to the tool collection in the shed (I miss my old tools :():

u926.jpg

The 200b has also been dieseling abit which has been quite frustrating. Hopefully I can get my hands on a timing light, adjust that shiiiet and have it sussed. What else may be causing this? Wrong octane fuel? Sticking throttle cable?

And a deceivingly awesome picture to finish it off.

phq9.jpg

Peace

Tai

• Like 4