Quick question about finding Mitsubishi paint code

Scrubb

Hi guys.

I'm looking to get a Mitsubishi colour paint mixed up to paint a plastic model car with my airbrush, but I am completely in the dark about paint codes. so theres a couple things I think I need help to understand:

Is there a global standard for paint codes or does each manufacturer have their own coding?

How does a paint shop know what to mix if the Manufacturers codes are all different?

Specifically, I'm wanting to get hold of some of the "Titanium Grey Metallic U17" colour which can be seen here:

EN_LANCER_EX_gene_GT_color.jpg

I found what seems to be this colour, although under a different name via the link in the paint codes thread:

U17 Mercury Gray Metallic

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/choosecolor/choosecolor.aspx?year=2012&make=mitsubishi&model=all+models

So would the U17 be the code and I would need to tell the paint guys I want Mitsubishi U17 or do I need to do a bit more searching on Google to find the code for this U17 colour?

These questions might be completely noob questions to you guys, but I'm lost with paint.

Thanks for all the help and advice :)

U17 is the code and you will probably need to tell them that it is a mitsubishi colour, other than that you should be good to go. And yea, all manufacturers have different codes hahaha.

For example the paint code for my alfa is 501. There could be a couple of different varients so be careful as some look shit while others look great.