Shakotom's 1984 VK Commodore

Shakotom

So as you know, This didn't make it to Nats.

I got that brand new crank angle sensor and bearing I ordered, And on the Tuesday before Nat's disassembled the distributor and fitted all the new bits inside

16672508557_9af8a4dfbd_c.jpg

Went together sweet! Put it in the car, Timed it all up as per my manuals, went to start it aannddddd

NOTHING.

N O T H I N G.

N O T H I N G

you get the point. It wouldn't start.
This left me scratching my head for a while. Checked the timing over and over again, wiring ect.,
Then sort of clicked as to the fact that the constant buzzing noise when the ignition was on was the fuel pump running constantly.
To cut a long story short, turns out the BRAND NEW crank angle sensor was more faulty than my old one and would give a signal that the engine was constantly running or something so it wouldn't start.
Wednesday morning I took it back to the place i got it from at 8am and they said they'd have a new one here within an hour.
Sweet, popped back an hour and a half later. Nah, its not here yet. We will call you when it gets here.
at 4pm I get a call 'That crank angle sensors still not here....' at 430 they call back. 'its just turned up come get it!' Get stuck in traffic on the way and turns out there shut before I get there.
Thursday morning go get new crank angle sensor and fit it.
starts and idles sweet.
Set idle ect. Remembered I still need rear tyres. Put it in the too hard basket due to not having the chance to really test drive it.

Drove it back into the garage and ended up Vanning to Nats.

Oh yeah...

post-11365-0-12493500-1426923992_thumb.jpg

Yes, Thats two sets of BRAND NEW Commodore MudFlaps, kerb feelers, a car window fence (x2) and a stripper aerial for the Van.

Bring back the late 80'S

Express your jealousy here ----->//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/36140-shakotoms-84-vk-mayte/page-5

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic