kp60nick

KP60 nicks kp61 starlet track car

Recommended Posts

Other bits that I've picked up since I had my posting break.

tLowIii.jpg

jlNdtdF.jpg

They ssr winmesh 13x7.5j -7 only 2 of them. They so shinny. I Love them

R3Koxmo.jpg

The one on the left is the driver seat other is passenger seat. Passenger is a factory AE86 bride and driver is a bride ttm-c.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lately I've been doing things that don't cost much to do while I've been saving up. So I started to cut and polish the engine bay. I've since finished polishing haven't got a good photo to show you guys. This photo is just at the start.

w58a61D.jpg

cJeJfRW.jpg

At the rear end I've ditched the idea of putting t series diff in ( for now any way ) just for money reasons.

bzpHm7N.jpg

This is May or May not be the reason why I can't afford to buy parts for my car. Lol

NdodL4o.png

Wheel and tyre combo from jp 13 x 7.5j , 13 x 8j will show centres once I pick them up.

Thanks for reading

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys I haven't been working on this lately been real busy with work and other shit. Got it rolling on its new wheels srr mk3 13x7.5jj 0 offset front 13x8jj 0 offset. Got a japanese number plate that suits engine size and has 61 in it.

8psArIc.jpg

CP6rs54.jpg

iWrhewW.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chucked engine in few weeks ago real happy with how it looks. I got some cx racing headers off eBay, I had read a bit about them online saying that they are shit don't buy them, I still brought them just to try them out. They seem to fit alright, I'll just see how they go. Got some sweet photos of it a few weekends ago. Photo credit 4x114.3 Stan

vB647nq.jpg

O27KtkF.jpg

SwmBLxX.jpg

cJCNlcv.jpg

Vh9cL0x.jpg

SIx3vSG.jpg

VKeGKJZ.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to do my best to remember what order I did stuff.

After I came off the buzz of painting the car and took my eyes of it for 5 mins to make some progress I believe the fuel system was next on the list. I had an idea of how I wanted to make it. So first  I used the factory fuel tank with welded in ( I think -8 ) bungs into the lid of the tank. One for the pick up, one for return for surge tank and one for the breather /roll over valve. First fuel pump is a Carter lift pump ( can remember the size) from there to the 1L surge tank. I think the high pressure pump I used was a Bosch 070 (not as powerful as the 044) then I had bent up steel fuel lines run under the car one for in one for out. P clipped every 100mm. Had two filters one before first pump and one before injectors. All this was mostly kept inside the spare tyre well in the boot.  Was going to make a lid to cover it in case of fire most likely out of aluminum. 

I dont want to spoil the ending but I have changed some of these things on the car over the years. 

FB_IMG_1567755689298.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next thing was to sort brake lines, front calipers and coilovers. 

The car came with a home made pedal box with a balance bar it works ok I think it needs a but of strengthening, under hard braking it flexes the fire wall. The other thing with was the master cylinders they used where cheap Chinese trailer cylinders that couldn't stop sucking in air so I changed them out for willwood cylinders.

With the brake lines I wanted them hidden as much as possible so most of the plumbing is on the inside of the firewall. It looked good you will just have to trust me as I dont have to many photos. The only place in engine bay is about 100mm section on top of chassis rails. I used right angle bulk head fittings to keep it nice and tidy. Then braided lines to rebuilt AE86 front brake calipers. The struts are ae86 with autolign built coilovers with 4kg tein springs and keepers on top and monroe shocks valved to suit spring rates. Other bits on the coilovers are T3 camber plates up top and at the bottom (not actually part of the coilovers but it this let's you use 86 strut in the kp) T3 starlet to AE86 collar thing that slips over starlet ball joint and T3 RCA. I currently have the T3 knuckle in the car and I'm using the the second hole currently in the hope to achieve more steering lock now I have another set of modified Ae86 knuckles to chuck in the car (but that's going to far into the future). Note: I'm also running a apjs lock spacer. 

FB_IMG_1567759681122.jpg

FB_IMG_1567759724461.jpg

FB_IMG_1567759710941.jpg

FB_IMG_1567759739242.jpg

FB_IMG_1567759696651.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.