Brocky41's 1987 Skyline R30 Wagon of Black Smoke

brocky41

Post subject: Brocky41's Half Daily R30 Diseasel Wagon

icon_post_target.gifPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:17 pm

Picked this up a few months ago - has been a great buy so far - cheap to run and reliable so far.

Is pretty different (ugly) but i like it - DJZ has some standard R30 rectangle headlights etc for it as the grill is broken and i dont like the Quad rounds. Looks pretty funny in the engine bay but its all factory - could easy do a LD28 conversion thou and give it some more grunt - Would increase HP from 67 (less than an a12) to 91 or could try a turbo on there.

Has already done a mission to Masterton and back with a car trailer on and my mission today to Greymouth and back.

Going to throw some wheels on it and a bit of low (johns XR4's only for show).

So far i have change the dif gearbox and engine oil and filter - and had to replace the clutch master and slave cylinders aswell as replace the rear shoes and cylinders.

Needs a couple things for a WOF which ran out today so hopefully can get that done for Akaroa.

imag0765.jpg

imag0766j.jpg

imag0768b.jpg

imag0769g.jpg

imag0771r.jpg

Post subject: Re: Brocky41's Half Daily R30 Diseasel Wagon

icon_post_target.gifPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:07 pm

Ok so thanks to DJZ and his friend for the parts - it now has a better looking front

And i might have to do what that sticker says

imag0234up.jpg

imag0235t.jpg

icon_post_target.gifPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Yes - finally LD28 Power - came out of a VB commy i picked up from Burnham - runs well gearbox jammed in gear but i have another one - plan is to swap out motor and box once the 120y is going again over Xmas hopefully.

This will increase HP by 50% or 32hp haha and loads more "talks" and im looking for l20et exhaust manifolds for more fun later on.

dscf7225un.jpg

dscf7226f.jpg

imag0396zg.jpg

imag0397ud.jpg

Time for uprated springs and shocks in the back me thinks - still gets to 80kph ok with this trailer and commy lump on the back. LD28 will mean i can push 90 haha

Also different wheels on back for towing (commercial tyres) so i dont get a blow out.

icon_post_target.gifPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:46 pm

Heres how i roll atm - im all for the small wheel huge tyre look?? especially diesel - standard is meant to be 185/70r14 but thanks to the commodore i got a sweet set of 205/70r14.

Even with the huge tyres the speedo is still reading fast so ill have to change that.

dscf7284q.jpg

DIscussion

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/35841-brocky41s-1987-skyline-r30-wagon-of-black-smoke-discussion/

• 5 months later...

So the WOF ran out and i smashed a rear taillight so yet again time to get some work done on this thing.

Its so cheap to run - but with high kms it works out about the same as a petrol, cos i have to keep replacing stuff but hey its rare and it gets a few looks lol

so out with the old

dsc0142ifa.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dsc0141uz.jpg

dsc0156ud.jpg

and have brought some new (over the last 2 months)...

Lower Control Arms (with ball joints)- actually loose in the mount they were so worn - should have been picked up at last warrant naughty VINZ

Outer Tie Rod Ends ($5+each at appco)

Castor rod bushes - these were so haddit the rod had worn right through the steel sleeve :?

Sway bar mount bushes

Swaybar Link Rod bushes and washers

Driveshaft Centre Bearing

dsc0155wu.jpg

Just got to wait on the new Rotors and pads aswell as Front Wheel Bearings.

Ive so far done one tie rod end and bolted up the new Arms - Just got the new ball joint splitter today as the fork was hopeless.

I also parted out a Hatch wagon - that was originally L20et but had had a diesel in it. Scored all the interior which is the red seat you can see in the first pic