Dave's Skyline sedan (HR32).

threetwoskyline

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock camber arms?

Get after market ones you can wind in, be careful though, I've read they're cracking down on s#itty quality ones with regards to passing cert, so buy ones you know have passed before.

I've got a brand new set for my HR sedan I'm worried wont pass now...

And wicked GKTech ones for the rear, which instead of being steel pieces welded to each other, like most rear camber arms for Nizzans, are actually billet alloy from a single piece (so sweet) but are quite pricey..

And the biggest worry for me,

I'm sure a mate was telling me another friend of his was having a hard time certing even these, but hopefully someone has done it already now (had them tested) and they will fly through for everyone else using them afterwards (fingers crossed)..

Already have Hardrace items front and rear, which they themselves have said WILL pass certification. I've kept all the paperwork in case they don't. Once I've done the rear guards I'l get an alignment but have them dial in as much front camber as possible to see if they stop thumping the strut towers. All good and well if that works, but because of the way the camber laws work in relation to Nissan's genius idea of no factory adjustment, I'm only good for about one degree, which is what it's at now, and is why it's fouling. 

Talked to the cert man about the situation. Took him a minute to understand the concept of double wishbone suspension ...

Anyway, my only option is to buy aftermarket lower A-arms. Modifying the factory items is no bueno. Does anyone even make them?

So I guess I'm in the market for an S13 front cut, if you's have got one going ...

• 4 weeks later...