Bump stop tweak. yes or no?

Muncie

So have been working away on parts to convert my triumph 2500 to powersteer and front sway bar to modernise the ride and handling a bit. I will be going 60mm lower in the front which from experience will put the lower arm almost on the bumpstops so while i have the subframe on the bench in the vice i have been thinking of cutting a 8mm wedge from the top of the bumpstop mount bending it back to give a bit more room then welding it back up. most people when they lower these cars cut the bumpstops down but it can make the ride quite harsh when you really throw the car round corners. i can take some photo's if this didnt explain it well enough.

I used to work as a fitter turner up until recently so the job will be done well not a hack job, i'm just not a suspension geometry guru can anyone see any reason why this would be a shite idea?

According to NZTA suspension modification that involves modification of bumpstops would need a cert.

But in saying that probably every second car on this forum has trimmed bumpstops and for the most part no issues when it comes to WOF time.

BTW, you are talking like the bumpstops are part of the travelling suspension. I dont think they were ever intended to be used this way, they are simply to a last resort to stop metal on metal action. Sounds like you need stiffer springs/shocks if you are riding around on the bumpstops all the time.

its a bit of a design cock up on this model of car they corner on the bumstops at standard height and as the back has no bumpstops whatsoever from the factory when you push them thru corners at pace you spend alot of time on 3 wheels looks hard case but you soon get tired of it. hoping sway bar and this mod plus the new suspension bits will keep it planted.