car dying at lights

dave123456789

Leads will or should be checked for resistance, they will have to be a certain amount of ohms. If its acceptable and they are all consistant you can rule out replacing the leads.Also the coil resistance. New Plugs are always a good start. Go to BNT or Partmaster in your overalls and you'll probly get trade price. Repco and Super are always my last options. Gently scrap the tartar build up off the contact areas in the dizzy cap, with something and also scuff/shine the rotor arm with a little 1200 wet'n'dry. Check your vacuum hose if it runs one on that dizzy, it may only be mechanical advance. If your crab wasnt the problem before the stalling eliminate the other stuff first...

Hey. Is there any chance you swapped the Coil recently? I had these symptoms. Turned out I'd put a non ballast coil into my car (which has a ballast resistor) This gave less spark so although it ran, it was difficult to start when cold and if dropping revs at intersections it'd sometimes die.