Whos the 2 stroke pro around here

MichaelJFox

Old guy gave me two weed whackers the other day, said one was almost new but a cunt to start.

I can get the new one going, but it won't idle.

So if I put it from "Start" to "Run" and then crank it whilst holidng the gas on it'll go, but once I let it off it'll just stall.

If I move the screw for the gas to a point where its always on a bit it will idle haha but thats not quite right.

If anyone has any ideas that'd be cool as I plan on doing a silly 30cc Healing Cruiser with one of these.

Cheers, Dorian.

This; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-tZLaXkjRU

fyi: start = choke, run = no choke. thats your clue. /im kinda comfused about what you're talking about.

i susspect you have an air leak, a fuel blockage, orrr a torn diaphragm in carb(fuel pump).

start by making sure carb is bolted on proper good.

if you give me 12 beers i will fix it for you. cbf writing the novel of crap required to list all the steps to fix. Also its a ryobi and ned has 10 of them suitable for spares. LOL

edit: wait i watched your vid. seems fine. just adjust that idle screw till it idles. its just a stop for the butterfly. it should be cracked open slightly

yeh its hard to tell without seeing it.

some other things which will may make it not idle:

-faulty tank vent. test by running with tank cap off.

-leaky fuel line. looks for holes/fuel leaks

-blockage in crab..low speed circuit. clean it

too bad your carb isn't adjustable. would be easy to fix if it was, non adjustable carbs is just a rort so you have to buy new parts lol. Try running it(after its warmed up) with the choke partiatly on. If it runs better then investigate air leak. If it runs worse then try running it with no airfilter/clean your filter...sometimes if too rich they wont idle. But i doubt that in this case as these are set up super lean for emissions now. And also try the spark plug out of the one you have that runs well. Spark plugs tend to cause all sorts of issues on these little engines.