ke70_Wagons gx71

Mitch.W

• 1 month later...

so yeah work on this is slow. im aiming to get it going as my daily driver. 

got a cheap bride reclianble off trademe with some holes in it. soo i cut up some old jeans and used them as patches. looks alright. 

img0960kl.jpg

also got some renoma racing wheels 15x6.5 thanks to sparkle for bringing them down to nats for me!! 

got some 195/45's on them looks nice! i have some 25mm spacers to put them out abit. 

img0962e.jpg

got some long alloy blox wheel nuts just cause

img0964e.jpg

annnddd some evo 4 tein adjustable suspension i scored for $150!!! shocks are fucked but meh im going to cut them up get the sleeves and springs and make some adjustable suspension up for the front chur!!

img0961qw.jpg

now its just finish the wiring exhaust...

also went to fill up all the fluids to get it ready to start up and filling up the radiator and the water just flowed out below the fucking turbos somwhere!! cant see it from underneath so have to take the turbos off.. and all the nuts are rust fucked on. is there a certain way to take them off? its abit of a mission. hopefully its just a perished water hose or somthing???

so yeah...

mitch

• 4 weeks later...

so this is how i made my front suspension... simple as shit! buy cheap fucked suspension that has a sleeve you can steal.. 

r01y.jpg

now cut the spring platforms off your suspension off and strip down ready for a person to machine off. take to someone with a lathe and get them machined off and shorten your struts by 50mm for max low. also weld on the sleeves onto yours! 

xsaf.jpg

paint to make them look pretty. also give your brakes a birthday while your at it. you can see the callipers on the background of this pic :)

n9uq.jpg

hh4u.jpg

wyg4.jpg

now im ordering some mr2 sw20 rear adjustable dampener shocks from summit racing. also waiting for the camper plates i got with the tein suspension to be drilled to the correct pcd for me and them put it together and hope they go low enough!!

also i got this far with taking the rails off me seat to make an adaptor for my bride and cbf hahaha. anyone know any aftermarket rails that will fit mt seat and car with minimal modifying?

b07a.jpg

• Like 1

things are getting done on this now! got my suspension back.

slapped it together quickly to make sure it goes low enough.... this is the result still with about 30-40mm lowrer!!! im so stoked

.im going to find something sweeter wheels to run on it and alloy. rather than the steel wheels.

c5h4.jpg

wheel fitment on the front is quite good! shame the backs too far out. if they dont sell this time on trademe il keep them and just get the offset adjusted fot the back ones to bring them in abit.

orrs.jpg

i brought some semi slicks for when this thing is running off mark (corollagt)

irfe.jpg

also got the evo camber plates i had sent them away to get made into cressida plates :P

they came back like this

nb6l.jpg

then got some draino and water

za7r.jpg

put it all together and you get this

3x7c.jpg

let it simmer until cooked well and this is the end result...

vxb9.jpg

annnnddd then you peel that shit off and you get a nice shiny finish i haven't got a pic of that yet.

and that is my story.

discuss-//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/33383-ke70-wagons-gx71/page-7?hl=ke70_wagons

cheers.

• Like 1

soooo i got it on the ground. these pics were only afew mins after i t was put on the ground so should go abit lower (hopefulley lower than zebs wagon haha). im aiming for the how is that so slammed trophy at nats next year. hmmmm might need to go 10mm lower....... pics!!

moj8.jpg0c7e.jpg

just needs 25mm spacers all round and should be sitting pretty! by the way these are my race wheels with the semi slicks on there will be wider wheels :P

cheers

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

nothing too interesting happening at the moment. no closer to skids either :/ 

got a fancy steering wheel thanks to 4AG_Addict

h2od.jpg

and some 14' AME mesh wheels i might widen out to make some sweet wheels/add to the collection.

bx7h.jpg

annddd thing funny looking thing made its way into my house... 

so if anyone have a nice size turbo with a t3 flange on it dont reaallly want it to be lag city bitch lag lag city bitch (no DSR or Chinese stuffs) and a tial 40mm wastegate (prefer a vband) 

xrz6.jpg

• 2 months later...

Soooo did some more work on this in the weekend. 

Pulled the rear subframe out ready to do the subframe camber mod. 

znjx.jpg

Like so, Then left the car on some blocks of wood

0ueb.jpg

Then found a old supra subframe growing weeds around it in the back yard and pulled 2 pairs of eccentric bolts out of it chur!!

3y0p.jpg

af3c.jpg

Now just need to but an angle grinder as i blew mine up.

Im also getting some mounts to hold the bolts with slots made in them so i have rear camber adjustment!!

i may buy some nothlane bushes or something? made up to the right size. or i might jst jump on a lathe and whip something up thats the right size.

Spin yarns in here>>> //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/33383-ke70-wagons-gx71/?hl=ke70_wagons

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So got my turbo and whatnot all together put it on the car and this happend... 

Silly dizzzy! 

okvt.jpg

took it around to a mates house and cut the flange/s off and changed the angle of the turbo and also welded on the v-band flange for the wastegate.

2d7d.jpg

And on the car!!!!

4a0k.jpg

really like how it turned out!

Now, taking my rear subframe to a engineer to get the camber mod done as i have no time to do so now and booked in to get wired up woohooo! I've been reconnecting heaps of little bits and pieces lately, still need to do the oil lines for the turbo, make a dump pipe and exhaust then subframe in and then heaps of little things to get a cert!!!!

All this has to be done before the end of January as I'm leaving for Wellington to study!

Discuss: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/33383-ke70-wagons-gx71/?hl=ke70_wagons

• Like 1

Thought i better do a update since stuff is happening!!!

Brought oil lines and shit me!!! stuff added up quickly 1 flange @ $80 another @ $60 billet aluminium they were the only ones that would fit...

11430856894_e79524e4e9.jpg

11430867205_32d0d424a1.jpg

Then blocked off the heater hose lines and whatnot and welded the last oil fitting up. engine bay is starting to look very nice!!

11431007953_59d494866a.jpg

Brought some rca's off Tarran chur bo!!

11430856955_ff69ca7db1.jpg

Put the fog lights off my mark 2 onto this before i sold it :(

11430923696_3c76ce13dd.jpg

Also more exciting news!! got some wiring done an got to turn the engine over!! have everything but power to the coil!! so should have that sorted in the next couple of weeks then  tidy all of it up.

also looking for a smaller intercooler i don't know what i was thinking when i thought that would fit nicely...

Got a Cannon 600D so my photos are going to be alot nicer from now on!

Annddd brought some wheels got them cheap they should be here monday!

Discuss: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/33383-ke70-wagons-gx71/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been slowly chipping away at small things. 

Took my subframe to a guy to do it as i was never going to get around to it. Got it back yesterday and it was well worth the money! got a chunk cut out of the exhaust passage and put ecrentic bolts in so i can adjust the camber.

12082322843_db2ec480ae.jpg
12082416954_a15e5e5d8b.jpg

Also my new wheels arrived Volk Rays mesh, going to get 2 of them widened out to 8's or 9's
12082360693_a1c77fb2a5.jpg

Cheers. should be afew more updates in the next week or so. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

so this thing should have been finished roughly 2 years ago...

Got home from wellington for semester break brought some exhaust tube and but it and tacked it together to resemble some sort of exhaust gas extraction pipe thingy and welded a flexi on there, bolted it all up and now now its ready for a muffler to be welded in so i can see how loud it will be.. 

Here is a super shitty iphone pic for you guys! 

14509758290_11437f7541_c.jpg

I also brought some shocks for the front and then ran out of money/studentlyfe. 

So whats left? 

new/mod the back springs to a nice height

tidy wiring

find wide wheels

bolt check

cert

fix a bunch of shit needed for cert

sell and buy a house 

Talk here - //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/33383-ke70-wagons-gx71/?hl=ke70_wagons