ke70_Wagons gx71

Mitch.W

so yeah ive had this thing for a couple of months now and wasnt sure if i was going to keep it of not due to not being very sutible for daily driving but yeah i guess it is kind of except for how much gas it drinks!!

its standerd as 1geu auto running like a sack of shit(has a miss but i cant be botherd fixing/probs came with it standerd) on some 15x9.5 d window wheels dont know the offset i thinks its about -20 or more??

img0316rl.jpg

sits about 10mm higher with noone in it

dsc04191uj.jpg

shitty pic showing how high it looks but its actually 80mm off the ground at that point(on a lean so it looks really high at the back)

thats all the pics i have at the moment possible 1uzfe with auto box very soon and more slam at the front then skids..

discuss here!!! viewtopic.php?f=18&t=34797

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

nothing much has really being happening lately

got theese falcon front struts for the springs so i can cut them down and put them in the back

img0406eu.jpg

and brought this supra for cheap dereged. still undecided weather to pull the motor out and put it in the cressida or try get it reregesterd and drive it? seems pretty tidy.mabe to tidy to scrap?

img0404dcm.jpg

discuss here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=34797

thanks to john (CXGPWR) for giving me a uncut front grill

from this

img0415b.jpg

to this

img0417kj.jpg

its the small things that make the biggest diffrences looks 100000x better haha

now to get rid of this... i hate the half done bozo looks but havnt taken it off as i dont want to look like one of them cool kids with the numberplates on the side

img0419z.jpg

anddd i started ripping out the motor and wireing loom out today ready for abit of a freshen up and manual and then itl be ready to go into the gx

sooooo much wires.... this is only half of them i have no clue what i need so i took the compleate wiring loom out of the supra so i don't miss anything

img0422uy.jpg

img0423hg.jpg

thanks for reading,

mitch

discuss

• 2 weeks later...

not much has been happening just collecting parts for manual conversion and turbo parts and giving the engine a birthday.

got this shit for it. still have more parts coming just waiting for them to get here

img0017wh.jpg

and a previous owner got a plastic bag caught behind one of the pulleys :/ its sucks a mission to get off i spent 2 hours trying tonight then gave up. it won't even burn off just have a little bit to get off.

img0019lv.jpg

i also got a intercooler for $50 so yeah just need some piping. and does anyone know if you have to keep all the random oil lines chilling out and that huge ass oil cooler thing out of the supra?

thanks,

mitch

discuss

• 3 weeks later...

just been collecting parts for the 1ggte and manual conversion, i brought a w55, pedal box, and also a got a cheap wodgrain nardi for $30 or somthing off trademe still waiting for it to come in the post :evil:

img0065ve.jpg

got a bellhousing, clutch, and flywheel off dan/coldspark.

img0069pi.jpg

got a cheap intercooler off a mate

img0071cw.jpg

also been doing lots of tig at my work/work experience. i love pretty looking welds!

img0006ir.jpg

also whipped up a gears knob at school today when i was bored. turned out good, for some reason the gear shifter looks super long! its not that long at all.

also sorry for all the iphone pics! i dont have a proper camara.

also looking for some wheels, sold the d windows as i was attracting way to much attention of the police (this is my daily driver) so somthing with less offset and cheapish would be choice :) was looking at rota shanktons. butttt dont really want rotas. but the price is so good!

not much of an update

got my steering wheel., not a nardi but a peyton? still not bad for $30

img0076rl.jpg

put bellhousing i got onto gearbox

img0080bz.jpg

and took the auto clutch and flexi off and put my flywheel on shit photo bad light and cbf getting a good pic yet haha, just have to wait for funds to get my clutch, have purchsed a pedal box still waiting for that to come

img0083uuv.jpg

and also if anyone is in the marker for a kart? im selling my gear very cheap for what it is! im still winning races in it.

img0046zi.jpg

mitch

• 2 weeks later...

still collecting parts.

got a winged front sump, and oil pickup, thanks to frosty (ritchie) huge thanks to you man!

img0154hh.jpg

and he also had a thrust bearing and clutch fork for me also!! and that little rounded bolt :)

img0152rz.jpg

getting really close to doing the conversion! just need a new diff before i get a wof. so if anyone has a spare f series diff they are willing to sell i will be keen, then i can bolt the motor in and wire it up and make the exhaust. it looks pretty straight forward just straight with afew small bends in it might try tuck it up abit for when i go super low

mitch

talk: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=34797url

• 3 weeks later...

started putting the motor back together, still cant get that other damn rocker cover to wrinkle!! fuuu so annoying.

img0206ce.jpg

took it for a wof at vtnz.... it failed. the weirest one i got is its 80mm off the front chassis rails at the front..

it had an exhaust leek and i cant be bothered spending money on it since im going to rip it apart once it passes a wof so i just got this metal sealer stuff and filled the crack up.

img0204ty.jpg

belive it of not this is the smallest wof list i have ever got so im happy.

img0202qs.jpg

and my 3rd pedal arrived:) after waiting for 2 months for it to arrive from hamilton. i was going to cut down the big brake pedal but i kinda like the feel. i will decide one ive driven it

img0208fe.jpg

not much of an update. got a bosskit for my steering wheel and put it in. makes me feel like im actually getting somewhere with this thing!!

img0215we.jpg

and my clutch arrived!! but the clutch kit didn't come with a clutch aligning to so im borrowing one off my mate tomorrow and ill get that chucked on!

img0212g.jpg

just need a the spring that pulls back the clutch fork and release bearing then everything is going together!!!

and also some dirty mofo's broke into my car while it was in the newworld carpark! when i was at work inbetween 4-5pm stole my ipod and my bmx bike and i still have to get a window for it :/ sooo its going to slow down abit as i need a new bmx before summer hits and buy a window for my car.

and also trying to find places to put my gauges e.g. boost, oil pressure, and oil temp. dont want them on the dash but theres not enough room by my headunit and stuff :/ how has anyone got around this?

• 3 weeks later...

so i ripped my old motor out (not that intresting so no pics) and went to put my new one in and the sump was fouling on the swaybar so i took the swaybar out and im going to get this one customized up or a new bigger one made.

img0289sf.jpgimg0287pg.jpg

mocked up my intercooler, looks like im running bonnet pins as theres no room for the latch to go so i brought some of these http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/other/auction-528843462.htm

img0283zr.jpg

so i took the swaybar out and it dropped straight in!

img0298cp.jpg

bolted it all in nothing to exciting i found out that the auto gearbox x-member works with the w55 with no modification at all!! choice so bolted that all up then driveshaft needs to be lengthened quite abit! like 150mm unless anyone has a standerd manual cressida driveshaft they wanna sell? had a look at the wiring looks piss easy im just to cab with that shit, most of the plugs are the same between the cressida and the 1ggte so yeah should be choice but ill leave that to the person wiring it up to do that

also fixed up the front end bas i hit a rabbit going 120ish and it left a rather large dent in the front of my car

img0299l.jpg

had to hack abit of metal out of the trans tunnel cause the shifter position was to far fowards

img0300io.jpg

also made the auto gear stick surround into a manual one by flipping around the little middle peice! works mint!

img0301bu.jpg

and my shifter on, i also brought one of those drift spin handbrake knobs

also in the market for a nice small gearknob, its hard to find good looking ones theese days img0303ru.jpg

so my motor is sitting quite far forwards as you can see in the pics and theres not way of moving it back anymore so i need a little compact radiator to fir in between motor and rad support

right hand side is the front of the motor

img0313z.jpg

and i got the car inside!! also made some pretty poilshed aluminum intercooler brackets

img0315rh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

moved the motor around on different mounting holes. have heaps more room. now i can keep my intercooler and standerd radiator!! chea!

but now i cannot get this nut on the turbo side of the motor for the engine mounts. an oil? line is in the way can anyone please tell me how to get around this!

would it matter if my driveshaft is like 20mm to short? dont rage im still learning this shit

img0340ek.jpg

EDIT: that nut isnt actually on its just chilling there from my attempts

ive also mocked up my intercooler pipe just have to find some time to go buy my silicone joiners and try find ones that arnt blue!!

mitch

picture less update. everything is mounted in now just ordered some silicone joiners and taking the intercooler pipes into work to weld up just waiting on somone to come and wire up the motor and i have to take the the drive shaft in to lengthened about 100mm, then its allgood to go!

• 3 months later...

So work on this has been very slow! Tool me 2 months to take the gearbox out because I wasn't happy with the flywheel bolts I use but now it's all go should be finished these next couple of weeks John is comming to wire it up tomorrow and me driveshaft extension is being made as we speak also pics!! I brought these for lols might look good with some 25mm spacers

p0Sscj0.jpg