Be4vers 12a 1972 Toyota Corona

be4ver

So after a couple of weeks fucking round I have everything sorted for the re check for cert I needed to do. And I then get the call to drop the car off to be rechecked 8) awesome!

Now when it was first checked out the exhaust was measured at 94.5 Db which is over the wof threshold but .5 Db under the certable level, sweet as I'll just pay the extra $180 and have it certed for 94.5Db HOWEVER after driving it all of about 10 km that 94.5 has jumped to 105 now!! Fucker! it seems one of the mufflers may have shit it's pants or is it possible the motor has just worn in a little more? Its still only got about 100 km on it from rebuild.

Has anyone had this issue before?

There is definitely no more room for another muffler In there either. Any ideas?

Everything is ticked off now at least, i just need to make it quieter :|

need help, cant decide!

please excuse my shitty photoshoppings

img1491xr.jpg

17" lensos

impulmesh.jpg

15" impul mesh (not this yellow but a nice gold)

longchamps.jpg

14" or 15" longchamps

really want to decide on wheels before cert is finalized cos the lensos will be going on the ex most probably

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the cert plate arrived, took car to vtnz, and as the guy there is is about to fit it im standing there thinking omg omg this is finally happening! ..when the guy casually asks, "oh does this have a Toyota gearbox??", "what?,no!?" I say. "Oh it also has a Toyota 12a engine"

What fucking monkeys do they have making these plates!? Obviously have very little idea about cars, shitcunts!. Bah!

So it's off now on its way to chch so it can get sent to Wellington so it can get destroyed and a new one made and sent down here again.

img23611.jpg

pretty much sums up how im feeling about this right now!

took it to get the warrant signed off as i have all the cert papers etc and they now tell me the ball joint on the pitman arm is fucked and one rear wheel bearing is fucked and the other is pretty worn also.

i thought to myself hmmm this would have been good to know about 5 fucking months ago when you first checked it!! Possibly i could have sorted it out in the last 5 months its been sitting in my garage doing sweet fuck all!

released a fair bit of anger getting this cunt of a thing off. It was definitely on there tighter than a nuns cunt!

img23711x.jpg

So this is being sent to HBI in chch to be fixed up as there doesn't seem to be anything available from anywhere and i cant be fucked trying to find something to fit off something else(unless someone knows of one somewhere???). I did try one off an EX lancer but the hole was much smaller, exact same length tho.

i doubt i'll see this back till mid jan as the last time i sent them something it took about 3 weeks to get back.

Also cert plate wont show up till next year now.

Now my dreams of xmas/new years cruising in this is out of the dam picture. it was soo close too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest be4ver

Glossy!

lPON65G.jpg

9boEcfc.jpg

Also gave the rims a good polish up, they are far from perfect but look much better than before

Before

7DnCg6a.jpg

After

trvquLi.jpg

I will eventually replace the rusty ass bolts and give them a better polish but for now they look good enough for me!

• 6 months later...