VG's other/back up daily.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30614

Rite, while the lux is getting 1UZ'ed, I need something to go to work in, I wanted something modern, reliable and comfy, so i've purchased a semi-fucked 1981 starlet off my brother-in-law.

Here is a slightly altered image of the vehicle in question,

DSCN1879lowered.jpg

It comes at std hight, on std 12's, and with a fair bit of rust, its pretty haggard all round tbh. My plan is to half assedly fix the rust/weld plates in and make no attempt to make them look pretty/hide them, lower it a bit, try fit the pictured street fins or the 15x7's off the 86, and muck around with the interior/exterior to "customize" it a little, maybe in a ratish shakotan style. Effort/cost/time spent on this will be minmal, and I will most likely ruin the shit out of it. Can't wait. Any ideas on what I should do to it are welcome.

The 2K shat its pants, so this weekend I will slap the 4K + 5spd out of my old sprint into it, then over the next few months, work at getting it road legal.

Regards, VG.

• 5 weeks later...

Rite, seeing as the Hilux project has been canned, this is no longer needed by me, so will try and sell for the brother-in-law, if you're interested let me know. Will post up pics soon but heres some specs,

1981 starship

Low km 4k + 5spd from a sprint

doors are wof-able, but rust fucked.

hatch is super rusty along the bottom.

the drivers side window winder needs adjusting.

has no carpet, and door cards and rear card things are just wood, back seat tops are ripped to shit.

it has new rubber brake lines, and I think the tires aint that old, hes never really had much trouble getting wofs.

Not sure if wof is still legit, but I think its still reg'ed. He was hoping to get $400 for it, but is open to offers, wants it gone asap.

Regards, VG.