Flyingbricks scorpion

flyingbrick

So, picked this up tonight. 8) Its the oldest car i have ever owned at 1980. Its got character that my honda (the car i swapped for it) lacked.

8) I think most of you will already know the car as it was owned by two other forum regulars before me.

I love the shape, love the interior, kinda love the color/ everything except the fact its an auto which seriously hinders playtime.

I hear its got the stronger 8bolt diff so LSD's can be had out of the wagons, which years and models in particular can i find the diff in?

It needs cut springs badly - the shortened rear shocks seem to be at full extension :lol: and it needs some decent old wheels.

Any info on these cars would be much appreciated from anyone. googles getting a pillaging tonight but theres not a hell of a lot of info out there.

Phills GSR seems kinda the same but mostly different- does anyone know if wheel sizing is the same between our cars? i think mines live axle and his is IRS?

I'll repost some pics of the car tomorrow morning, im off to bed :D:D

-Nathan

So took it out for a drive thismorning to pick up my little sister. Was nice having the windows down and the sun shining in. Last night driving back at midnight it was fuckin miserable.

Got home and adjusted the drivers door latch so that the door closes flush :)

I know nothing at all about carbs and how they work. i know that when you jab the throttle it should be squirting in extra fuel to compensate for the sudden burst of air- but this is not happening at all. Hesitation fail. I've never had one of these things is pieces but is this pump part easy to fix and im guessing it will need a seal kit? repco sells this kinda stuff?

I've found a kit on ebay for $300 for fitting another carb in place of this one- it might be the go.

Todays mission is to repair the wavy cracked dash. I'll just cut the offending part. fuckin. off.

coupes.jpg

dscf3049p.jpg