Removing Steering knuckle ex lancer

LancerEX

So iv gota 81 ex lancer GSL (1600) iv put a 4g63t out of a starion in it and recently took it for cert.

i failed on the outer lower suspension joints which i assumed was the balljoint below the strut?????

im trying to replace them but i cant get the steering knuckle to come off.

iv got one of the ball joint prongs for removing the knuckle but it still wont budge.

so before i start smashing at it and breaking something...

i was wondering if anyone has done this before? do i just need to remove the nut in the top of the knuckle?

will put pics up of the project soon please ask for any photos if it will help.

think they are similar to the toyota setup, if so you just need to hit it harder. either reverse the castle nut and screw it on flush with the top of the thread. or even better use a normal nut that you can biff away. you need to put something solid under the lower arm, or take the whole arm out and put it in a vice or something. so get good impact. the give the nut a good solid wack, with decent sized hammer.

Thanks for the help i went to supercheap auto and had a look at the press u have shown it was to small so i tried a gear puller i managed to remove the ball joints with this but i couldnt get them back in with out damaging the grease nipple i returned the gear piller and ended up taking it to a engineer who pressed them in for me.