Big A's 69 Gloria

BIG A

The car has come back from compliance with a very short list.

Lvvta cert for seatbelts and other mods, high stop light fitted, adjustment to brakes, bodywork (rust repairs etc) verified and front indicator not working. So happy with that.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gloria has gone through certification and only had three things to get done which was change the braided lines as they were non branded lines, tidy up the fuel lines in the engine bay and because the engine has been changed (apparently the engine is from a 240z) I have to have a drive shaft loop in place.

Heres the car completed bad photo as its way to dark

aaron003.jpg

My dad is driving down to wellington tomorrow to get the cert plate so I can get the car on saturday.

LVTA said that it needs to have the plate before it can be WOF'd and REG'd.

The Gloria has arrived and I have been for my first cruise in her and was getting heaps of looks as we were driving down the road.

My dad has left me some stuff to finish which is good as I wanted to at least do something to the car.

Drives really nice and sounds even better.

YAY!! I have sounds in the car now. I wired up the new back speakers as the ol japanese speakers just werent cutting it. Also got myself a white pen to do the tyres so it looks the part till I get some new rubber from the states.

• 8 months later...

So the old girl has been on the chassis machine and is all nice and straight now.

058fem.jpg

The kink has now gone out of the rear quarter and the gaps in the doors are back to where they were and the door all open.

056nv.jpg

054we.jpg

The rear is all unstitched and you will see the boot is pretty munted but may have to be repaired if I cant find another boot out of Japan.

057lzi.jpg

052cq.jpg

Now the rear bit needs a bit of straightening as well.

051ss.jpg

• 6 months later...

Good news the car is off to the painters next week and the ol girl will be coming back to Auckland on the 16th of March.

Long overdue and I cant wait to see the paint (in its correct colour this time) as in the sample it looked amazing but on a whole car hopefully it looks awesome.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest BIG A

Bumholes!! Thought the Gloria was coming up over the Easter weekend but I have to wait another week as my dad had to do the brakes as there was a major leak that went all over the brake pads and he also had to get all the parts bak onto the car.

Just as well its a short week Im so over waiting I just want to get in and cruise!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BIG A

Heres the lateset pic just before she was finished.

imagejpeg2a.jpg

Unfortunately the front ball joints were fucked and due to the age of the vehicle it wasnt an over the counter solution to fix. So currently the Gloria is still in Wangavegas awaiting the ball joints to be rebuilt and then it will pass the WOF and she will be back home in Auckland.

• Like 1

Guest BIG A

I have organised some more parts to come out of Japan as the front bumper would have cost to much to repair and rechrome so I have a really good one coming and also another rear filler panel in mint condition and an indicator lever as mine was broken and easier to replace than try and repair. Also I might look at getting some new door handles as mine were a bit pitted before they got chromed and they look a bit crappy like that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BIG A

Yay the Gloria is now road legal.

After waiting on ball joints to be rebuilt the ol girl passed her WOF and is now on the road.

She is just going to get a towbar fitted this Friday and then my Dad will be driving her up on the Saturday (Finally) and after much waiting I will be back on the road cruising.

Going to talk to a guy about power steering for the old girl as I dont need my forearms bigger than what they currently are.

Also have to change out the trans and diff oil this weekend and adjust the rear brakes.

Does anyone know who can help out with changing my car to electronic ignition? PM me if you know of a place that will do a good job and knows what they are doijng or there maybe someone on here looking to do a cash job.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got me some goodies from Japan (thanks Ewan) the other day and the rest arrived today.

Got some door handles as mine are pretty pitted, another front bumper to replace the damaged one, door sill trim, another indicator and the best of the best a brand new filler panel for the rear. Yes I did say brand new, not even been on a car and it has the nissan badge and it came in the correct nissan carton.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Two weeks ago my handbrake failed on my car and luckily I had my wheels turned as it could have been a lot worse but now I have some damage to the ol girl which means back to the panels beaters for some work.

I will also have to try and source parts from Japan again. GRRR!!!

• 4 months later...