1983 MA61 Supra - It's about time huh

Oldschool at last (I think)

My reliable daily 1998 Starlet started going Nuckah Nuckah Nuckah on Sunday afternoon, I sold it a couple hours later which I was pleased about.

Now, I thought since summers coming up, I need something without working Aircon... plus I thought it would be appropriate to get an oldschool car after I left the country so I can join in the fun :|

Tomorrow I pick up this:

cp5056356062616698194.jpg

cp4754740048661997563.jpg

cp5340425428862689235.jpg

cp5394315895612020566.jpg

cp5251411445423316004.jpg

Description from Carsales

2.8L 5M-GE Twin cam with fully programmable EMS Fuel & Ignition computer with recent dyno tune, factory W58 5spd manual close ratio Supra gearbox, LSD IRS & 4 brand new tyres. Passed rego inspection in Feb 2011 and only driven a couple of times since, so in good mechanical condition, however body work and interior is showing it's age, with the body work in need of attention. It's been a great car, but now needs a new home that will give it the care a classic & increasingly rare car such as this deserves. Nardi steering wheel and Momo gear knob in pictures are not included in sale. 6 months rego

I think it's pretty good, I wasn't really sure what its worth but I think for $2000 I am not doing too badly. Car runs well, I was a bit dubious of the EMS install but it's done really well and has a hand controller in the glovebox. Found quite a bit of bog in the rear hatch and some rust as you'd expect but I don't really care. It also needs a set of matching locks that work cos the boot lid ones stuffed, the doors take different key to the ignition (car was stolen years ago) The rear hatch doesn't open as the cable has stretched, pop ups are fixed ups, no stereo and holes where speakers went. Digidash with typical non working temp and fuel gauges. Tiny aftermarket steering wheel, horrible gearknob and floppiest shifter I've come across in a W series.

It does have working power windows and central locking which I'm pleased with. I think one of the best parts is the lumbar support is operated by one of those things you pump up blood pressure thingo's with. New tires and rego til feb. Yay