Jakesae101 ae92 gtz

jakesae101

so I thought I may aswell put a project thread up . I swapped the car for my ae85 that i had it was stock as a rock on steelies

front.jpg

back.jpg

side.jpg

engine.jpg

then i was like oh ill go get some 17s because big wheels are cool ( i know better now )

PICT1770.jpg

PICT1769.jpg

then the modifying bug came back along as i started getting back into motorsport again and its grown from there

PICT1792.jpg

PICT1793.jpg

PICT1794.jpg

did a few events with it pretty much stock

autocross3.jpg

autocross2.jpg

autocross1.jpg

then i started fiddling with suspension by chucking a set of trd coilovers in the back with some 4kg springs

struts.jpg

PICT1835.jpg

then i started getting a bit more serious and got some track tyres for the front and started going back to 14s

semislicks.jpg

then i got really sick of having a 1 wheeler peeler and single spinning everywhere so in went the ae101 lsd box and driveshafts

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

then i put a custom 185mm pulley to wont the boost up to just over 1 bar on a good day

then i added a fuel controller (similar to a apexi safc)

DSC00377.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

wiring was a bit of a mess behind the dash

DSC00376.jpg

raised the gear shift up with just some threaded rod

DSC00350.jpg

did some more events

slipwayround1no5.jpg

slipwayround1.jpg

slipwayround1no4.jpg

slipwayround1no3.jpg

got some front coilovers in

DSC00400.jpg

and i pretty much stick with 14s these days i have some volk/rays superfine 15s that are 3 peice that i ill one day re furbish i also did some gravel in it before i upped the boost and put a lsd in it and managed to equal my mates time in his old rally car we used to race

ive now removed all the sound deadening in the car also and fixed some rust in it here and there it pretty much has no interior bar seats part of the center console and the dash and door cards

plans for it are to cage it and race it (then again i have been planning to put a cage in it for ages ) and maybe one day turbo it ive done alot more to it than whats here i just cant remember it all or have photos for it all i also have like 6 sets of wheels for it and alot of spares

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

well i finally got onto doing some work i forgot to say a month ago i setup a new intake from the inner guard but may change this again soon to air from the scoop if i change my inter warmer setup

today i finally changed the dirty old cast exhaust manifold to a blacktop 20v extractors a rather easy upgrade really i linned up my new 16v gasket and re drilled the end 2 holes

as it turns out the 20v 2 into 1 fits into the ae92 so i didnt have to cut and weld anything there

when it came time to fit the primarys i ran into a snag i had to cut part of the manifold and heat shield tabs that wasn't needed now as it was hitting the CAS ended up looking like this

2011-06-09%25252019.46.13.jpg

also exhaust bolts are a cunt to remove after never being undone there was lots of skin removed from my hands tonight

i also discovered that the ae92 and ae111 oxy sensors have a different bolt spacing so i had to slot the holes

ended up with a snug fit that looks like this

2011-06-09%25252020.52.40.jpg

2011-06-09%25252020.52.47.jpg

as you can see its a rather snug fit with the CAS

just ordering some goodies a water injection kit , civic half size radiator and looking at a better intercooler setup to gain some moar power

• 3 weeks later...

Well i have been recently procuring go fast bits of here and on trademe KPR was nice enough to sell me his direct port water injection setup with lots of added goodies

unfortunately today i realised i don't have the room to fit it as i had originally intended

i had originally intended to have 5 x injectors 1 in each port and keeping the superchargers rotors cool

the way i have currently set it up for is 2x small injectors are injecting just before the throttle body into the supercharger and 2x small injectors are set up just before the inlet manifold just after the intercooler

bit of faffing about to get the pipe that has the cold start injector on it that sits on top of the inlet manifold off i had to undo the 4 bolts that attach the super charger to the inlet manifold and there is 20 million things in the way/ no room to work

this is the 2 setup just before the inlet manifold post intercooler

2011-06-25%25252013.46.25.jpg

and these are the 2 setup on the inlet to the supercharger just before the throttle body

2011-06-25%25252013.46.34.jpg

i also mounted up the line pressure switch (if this stays on after the pump turns off i have a blocked jet) and the solenoid

2011-06-25%25252013.46.56.jpg

also mounted the tank and pump in the boot

2011-06-25%25252015.23.15.jpg

all i have left to do is setup the motor controller unit and wire the pump to that , install the pressure switch to start the whole thing and get some more nylon pipe to run between the engine bay and the pump

oh and i brought a civic alloy radiator but i need to get the bottom outlet modified to clear the engine mount

• 3 weeks later...

right since i know how you all love pictureless updates

went and got the last bit of pipe i needed between the pump and solenoid and the plumbing shop game me some free pushlock fittings BONUS

so i p clip and screwed that and ran my trigger and solenoid lines and power for the motor and controller

wired it all up realised how much of a retard i was and discovered i had wired 2 pins of my relay round the wrong way i dont have a hobbs switch yet to activate the system so i just rigged up a push button to test it all

took it for a wee road test new exhaust has opened up the top end alot more and the water injection seems to be keeping things cooler will have to get it on the dyno and adjust the fuel for the water injection some time

i forgot how rapid this thing is on 15psi

also purchased a toyota aristo factory intercooler for a dollar that ill be installing after i get the outlet of my rad moved over

• 1 month later...

right so after a while searching i found out a cressida front lip would fit nicely on my car . after a bit of searching a fellow os member os-triumph had one and sold it to me for a good price . it came with all the clips which was a bonus

so after a wee bit of drilling and cutting (have to take out about 30-40mm) i ended up with this

GetInline.jpg

GetInline-1.jpg

• 1 year later...

Right so i still have this thing its just been lying dormant for a long time keeping uj's merc company so i recently found some motivation to do some stuff

I had a ali civic rad that i got modified 2 years ago that i had been meaning to put in so i removed the lhs stock radiator mount and welded it back on where i needed it and modified the original top bracket to work with the new rad and welded a nut on to secure it all. Its sitting as low as i could get it but it was still higher than the original ive seen people put them in corollas but they must have a bit more height . The new radiator fitted ok without the radiator cap on however did not with it on so i trimmed a bit off the inner support in the bonnet.

600524_10151397873201890_1971796361_n.jp

I also started modifying my shifter assembly to reduce the overall throw both side to side and front to back as its like driving a truck at the moment but ran out of time . I found out my intercooler that i had was going to be far far far to big to fit in the space next to the radiator so on the lookout for a intercooler that has its outlets at the same end that will fit. There is enough room under the bonnet to run the pipes straight over and down to keep the piping short 

plans are to finish the intercooler and radiator piping and get the link wired up , relocate the battery (have a 40ah gell cell for in cabin) tidy up all the unessisary shit in the engine bay, brake upgrade and cage it , cert it and get back into some motorsport

• 1 year later...

woah tread dredge anyway this thing has been sitting idle whilst i decided on the next step then last year i started acquiring a few bit to turbo this thing after chasing a few bits. A guy i used to race with said he had the turbo motor that was out of his ae82 that was pushing coolant out whist boosting hard anyway we came to a agreement of 350$ now as far as i know it was rebuilt when it went into his ae82 before he got it . now the motor didn't have many ks on it after its rebuild as it was a dedicated rally car its a 4agze out of a ae101 so it has the 7 rib block and a few other advantages over my older 3 rib 4agze . it was a relatively standard rebuild with some adjustable cam gears and a td04 turbo it also came with a front mount , bov and all the piping 

the plan is to re do the head gasket and put my rebuilt td05 evo 3 turbo on and my direct port water injection setup and put it all back together and chuck it back in the car and put my link in  

so fast forward to yesterday i put together my new engine stand and put it on and the strip down commenced sorry the photos are a little blurry

10926175_10152530722771890_6627496024320

not the prettiest of setups but for the coin i wasn't complaining 

now all the cams are out ready to remove the head 

10849020_10152530722776890_4998240619230

now finally with the head off everything looks pretty good down in the bores everything in the whole inside of the engine has been very clean so puts confidence in the fact that it has been rebuilt 

10983213_10152530722801890_2264878555618

10962195_10152530675051890_1655694259_n.

now as i found out some of the head bolts didn't feel as tight as others so im not sure if they were torqued correctly and i found char marks as you can see above between cylinders after running a steel ruler over the block it is flat but the cyl head seems to not be completely fat in particular in the sections dividing the combustion chambers hence i think why i think it looks to have been leaking there all of those factors and a multi layer steel gasket hasn't sealed that great 

so the plan is ill take the had to get crack tested to be sure its ok and get the head skimmed flat and re assemble 

• Like 1