rb drifter's 1984 mitsubishi sigma

rb drifter

ive had this car for a while and havent done alot to it so far but do have big plans for it.

i found it on trademe and aparantly all it needed was a new bonnet and gaurd so i thought it was an absolute steal. so did a bit of an impulse buy and kinda stung me in the ass!

it had a fair bit of damage underneath the gaurd and had been panel beated by an amature so all the metal was F*#cked.

but thankfully i have another sigma that i wrote off into a bridge but the panel work i needed was still in goodish condition apart from the left gaurd.

went to go swap the bonnets over and found that the bonnet had flown off in the wind and was absolutely bent. gutted!

so luck isn't exactly on my side at the moment.

i picked up a 2litre turbo starion motor off a mate that had it in his ex lancer. he rekons it smokes up 3rd gear peice off piss so that put a smile on my dile.

also got two advanti 17s on the front and two other ugly 17s on the back, has 25mm spacers to fit front rims sit fairly flush with the gaurds now so looks mint!

when i got it had no springs and wouldnt even get in my drive so have now got standys in it. sits ridiculously high. maybe get them compressed? not to sure at the moment.

discussion thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25736

40723161239063903462100.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

left gaurd still hasnt arrived.......

did some skids at my mates cattle yards, but were shit as wouldnt even hold 2nd gear. probly cause had leaking fuel pump and has a 1.6l carb on a 2l motor

so thought i could work on little bits that need doing, swapped ignition barrel, door and boot locks over from the gold sigma as the blue one just had a house key jammed in the ignition when i got it. replaced fuel pump on the carby motor in it as it was leaking. in the process of finding out why the brake lights are stuck on? broken sensor at pedal?.

mum gave me the hard word and said the gold sigma has to go so will be keeping doors, boot, bumper, windows, manual parts and taking rolling shell to scrap. anyone in whagarei area got a trailor i can borrow for box of piss say?

• 2 weeks later...

has turned into a dedicated skid car now prety much. fixed fuel pump and vice gripped brakes, hit 4th gear stand still and popped a tyre! i couldnt beleive it myself. my mate didnt bother to video it though.... cunt.

got a new sigma now so the blue one will probly get sold as a rolling body if anyone keen?

photo.php?fbid=194767273883974&set=a.155528521141183.33799.100000521091419