Radiators with transmission lines

coldturkey

Ive got a whole bunch of modernish radiators and was gonna use one to upgrade my cars cooling but the ones that suit are from automatics and therefore have transmission lines to cool the ATF.

Question, knowing not much about radiator internals - generally how much of the radiator is devoted to the ATF? (i.e. is it even worth doing)

And would it be sweet to run with the ATF lines disconnected longterm? block them up or just leave them?

Just leave the cooler fittings unplugged if you have no intention of ever using them again - the cooler normally is just a series of loops inside the header tank so doesn't use up any of the cooling fin area - you'll lose a few ml's of water capacity - but it negligible so don't even worry about it..

Just leave the cooler fittings unplugged if you have no intention of ever using them again - the cooler normally is just a series of loops inside the header tank so doesn't use up any of the cooling fin area - you'll lose a few ml's of water capacity - but it negligible so don't even worry about it..

Ah yep, thought this may be the case. Just needed confirmation.

Cheers peeps

When I changed my 180B from auto to manual I just used the auto radiator (which had trans lines into it). I just removed the lines. It ran fine and the temp was sweet so I wouldn't see any problem with using one.

Mike, whats up! When are we starting our garage of oldschoolness!?