Datsun 120y upgrade

RYAN P

I have a Datsun 120 and am putting a nissian SR20 motor in it I have the motor sitting in it at the moment. I want to know if I need to put in bigger fuel line and bronze a bigger line into tank or do I just put in an internal fuel pump. And what is the cheapest and best way of upgrading brakes

Start by registering at www.nzdatsun.com. Best NZ based datsun site by far.

For your fuel requirements, you're going to need a surge tank. You'll have to run a low pressure lift pump between the ruel tank and the surge tank. A cheap option is the ones found on carb'd subaru leones. (Identical to a facet) They're a bit hard to locate on the car though. (Found under a small steel plate, just in front of the right rear wheel)

Then you'll need a high pressure EFI pump. The easiest and most commenly used one is the VL commodore one. They're popular becuase they aren't an intank pump, and they're common and cheap.

The cunty bit is you'll need to run a fuel return line back to the tank. You'll need to use steel for this. The tube isn't that costly, but it's a real cunt to work with. What I've done with one of my datsuns is run a nice 3/8 steel line for supply, and used the old 1/4 line for the return. You're also going to need to have a return hose nipple fitted into your fuel tank.

As for the brakes, there are many many options available to you. A very easy upgrade is to fit S13 (non sr20det powered ones) brakes to your existing struts. But then you're still left with spindley stub axles, and weak springs. you can fit heavier springs though.

Also are we talking about a B210 or a B310? The S13 swap aplies to the 110/210. The 310 is a different kettle of fish again.