Seedy Al's Ms65 Sedan Spec

Seedy Al

Disscussion

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25139

So kinda bought this as something to piss around with at work, and a mild destraction from the crown wagon.

Story goes it has been parked in a garage for the last 8 years, till the chap I bought it off found it when looking for valient parts, and figured it would make a good demo derby car.

but im not having that.

Anyway, its a 1974 MS65 sedan, pretty lush spec, for a NZ new one its got all the mod cons. Bench seat, coloumn change, wing mirrors, power steer, and electric windows.

However the real sweet stuff is the running gear. its all flash as holden gear. Enter one 202 engine, a 3 speed auto, and a holden diff of some model, and you have an upgrade (??)

but this conversion was done in 1991, and is all covered in the sweet decleration that came with the car.

As far as crowns go, its a bit rough, few dents etc, has had a pretty lame respray at some stage, but yeah, biggest bummer is probabaly the sun roof, however, will be nice to feel the napier sunshine on my head while scouting for Girls in this sweet cruier

Its also sporting some pretty sweet Ford rims which i have never seen before, and match the car pretty good, sett offset too.

So its now at work, and giving it has been sitting I have been doing a few little things. Drained the fuel and fitted new filter, pulled rear brakes apart and rebuilt the slave cilnders, and replaced brake fliud through out. Currently doing an oil change. but is good, as it now drives and stops. So next will be the exhaust I think, as it has been repaired with a tin can, plus it hangs way to freaken low so that when I lower the car it will be scraping on the pavement.

So yeah, Woop, heres some shit pics

PC071113.jpg

PC071115.jpg

PC071116.jpg

PC071117.jpg

PC071120.jpg

PC071121.jpg

Oh and Has a visor, take that!!!

Seedy Al

Mild lame update

Water blasted the shit out of everything, expecting it not to start from water etc, then started mint haha.

tested all the bulbs etc so they are all good. and fulled up the water system which had a few air pockets in it for sure.

So getting very very close to a decent drive. tyres are poked, so might try borrow some off another ride.

oh gay no more pics to update with

have been plotting away, getting pretty damn close to wof time, Now rolling on lee's globes, looking bad ass. Last thing really is fix the exhaust with new bits, and tight front wheel bearings, if i remember.

Super, will take pics if camera ends up at work tomorrow. magic

Allan

Ok, oh my god oh my god oh my god

Have been busy doing little bits on car, mainly replaced a decent section of exhaust as it was held together with a tin can, plus it hung so so so low

So got some straights bent up and did some welding magic

Also ajusted wheel bearings etc, then, I went to try my luck at a wof. At VTNZ

And it almost passed damn it, but there is a break fault, so am now rebuilding the master cyclinder. However, that is the onyl thing it failed on, not bad for an old car thats been sitting for 8 years.

So stoked

Will be wof'd and lowered for trip to wellington for christmas, jeah

PC151140.jpg

PC151141.jpg

PC151143.jpg

PC151144.jpg

PC151145.jpg

PC161146.jpg

As you can see routing of the exhaust is far better then before

And it looks butch as on lee's globes, pretty much gang spec

CDL

SO lowered the back and concluded that the front was a little to slammed, not for Jeah factory, but police would probabaly be all up in my broken grill.

So I rectified that and now think the back probabaly needs to come down just a little and it will be perfect,

However

Started on my trip to welly for christmas and new years, like, the whole reasons I have been going nuts to get it done, Got an hour out of Napier and the car started running rough, pulled over to the side and saw the oil light flash on, so figured best be safe and return to Base, Then jammed the corona down

So does anyone have a 202, 186, 173 or holden 3.3 they dont want slash get rid of cheap? as long as it was a going runner.

Also fitted Snoozins roof rack to deliver it to him on my trip down, I like

ms65-02.jpg

Sterling

CDL

• 3 months later...

Turbo gay update

The story

Old engine was way to tired.

Tried to drive to wellingtin, (for chritmas god damn)

and motor was not upto it, cried a hefty amount after the first decent hill... leaking out of water pump, etc.

So have gotton a motor from my good man KK, and sice then have changed a whole lot of stuff over to suit.

Dont know what the oroginal holden I pulled out of was, but it was labled 3.3, so I got a 3.3 out of a vl thinking sweet, its going to be magic,

turns out no magic happend.

Ended up changing sump

Water pump,

and head and manifolds.

far more than predicted

Anyway, shits all go

tomorrow is the last day for fucking around. Fit new oil filter.

Then oil up and test drive. Need this going for old school nats (dont need, but want)

Guess I will hit some pictures in there tomorrow, though not very exciting

• 4 months later...

So after an epic with this vehicle, sorting the exhaust etc to suit the Vn motor, i got defeted

Got the correct down pipe i needed, modded it to fit the car steering etc,

plumbed everything up and boom, exhuast leak out of one of the pipes, probabaly due to not having the best of exhaust rings holding it in.

however i was over working on this car a long time ago, and this was the final straw.

So I put it up for sale as is, reg on hold etc, and it sold, to the fine new old school member grannyspec.

Convientanly over the weekend i was on a mission to pick up the ms63 wagon from hamiton, so i chucked this on the trailer to save a large part of the trip.

hopefully grannyspec got home ok, and will treat this car with the car it really needs!

And what does the sale of this mean, it means i now only own one Sedan.

Excellent