Goodmans 69 Mk2 Cortina

kiwitina

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey. Pulled my diff apart today. Getting it cleaned up for a lick of paint like the other stuff. Will be blasted in the next few days so I just wanted to remove as much crap off it as I could.

IMG_0436.jpg

yummy.

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

Looks good! I dont think ill have to get any work done to the diff mechanicals. Well atleast that would be nice. Cant remember any noise the last time I drove it...

IMG_0435.jpg

So many jobs on the go at once. I really got to just finish one thing at a time...

Been painting lots the past few days. Unwrapped my block and head finally. Even though they had both been professionally cleaned, I was still wiping dirt off them after a couple of hours. Eventually got it clean enough. Masked it up and sprayed the paint. Head is in 3M 'Aluminium' and block is in 3m 'Ford dark blue' (yeah typical eh?)

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

Legs and spring hats I put in POR15. Powdercoating would have been nice but was just too expensive.

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

I now have though I didnt take pics, most of my strut pieces in paint so will have them back together in the next few weeks. New springs, shocks, calipers, discs and pads! May have an issue with bolting my calipers to the strut but it will have to wait till I have it all there in front of me. Goal is to get the suspension and steering back in the car so it can be sent for some metal work. Then hopefully by the time it comes back to me the weather will be a bit more friendly and I can push on with the floor blasting. Promised some people including myself that I would have the car at Kumeu 2013. Fark!!

Got home a little earlier than expected so I went through my boxes of engine bits to find a good sump. Was surprised to find that 1 of the 3 was a reverse bowl. Not needed for this build but it may come in handy down the track.

Strip discs had the paint off there in about 10mins. Will sandblast the thing next week. Thinking black for the sump to create a blue black and silver theme in the engine bay. 8)8)8)

IMG_0475.jpg

Removed the masking off the block. Im really chuffed at how it came out. Looks a million bucks.

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

• 1 month later...

I’ve pretty much given up on getting the car finished this summer. It’s just not gonna happen. It guts me but work is slow, I’m trying to get a house deposit together and it takes me too long to do anything as I’m so picky.

It doesn’t help that I bought a ute. It’s going to become my daily but it needs work so the tina hasn’t progressed much since the last update.

More bits blasted, metal readied and painted....The pile of bits in the living room grows!

IMG_0644.jpgIMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0647.jpgIMG_0648.jpg

Bought this yesterday.

IMG_0640.jpg

Havent welded anything before so Im going to experiment for ages before using my ute as a guinea pig. Then if I feel confident I may tackle the easier bits on the cortina.

• 1 month later...

IMG_0702.jpg

Converted my garage into a blasting room and a spare bedroom into mass storage. Been blasting the sh&* out of the car and making good progress. No photos at the mo cos it aint a very camera friendly environment. This will be me for the next few weeks I think. Trying to get the blasting done this summer and then get the car in for some patches.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...