1986 Toyota Crown

bought it off an older guy.he was manager of the queen st farmers here in auckland during the 80s and this was his company car they said he could pick whatever he wanted and he chose this crown.has been well loved and well looked after by him and he was glad that someone like me would take good care of it.im the second owner which is sweet ive never had a car in such mint condition.it was sitting in his garage for a few years he didnt wanna sell it but his mrs said it had 2 go.flew thru its first warrant the day i bought it.so stoked.was gonna just keep it standy but im thinkng deep dish boso style would be 'gang 'and manual conversion too fuck auto.my previous ride was a jzz30 soarer and before that i had a few vl commies,so this is my first big 80's cruiser any info/tips/whatevs for the crown will be appreciated.

i want to lower it,i see a few difernt set ups on cressida's and im guesing they share the same platform,so what do you guys reckon is the best set up for this?

cheers

• 1 month later...

yeah so actually they arent the same as the cressida,have wikipedia'd the crown so now i know a bit more about this pimp beast 8)

there was oil leaking out the side of thr rocker gasket,pulled it off and degreased the shit out of it ,and then gave it a polish up looks alrite.will put up pics soonish.oh and went pickapartn got some falcoon springs for the front,when i get time will pull out the rear springs and walk round pickapart looking for similar ones.$10 a spring pretty stoked good for chop chop.

yeah and pulled out the awesome factory 4 inch 6.3watt speakers ready for some bulky sounds

will put up some pics soon

• 2 weeks later...

i did the code img thing dont know why it wont work any ways theres some pics of my recent foibles.couldnt find anything simliar to the crown rear springs.drove round the block with a desprung rear was pretty smooth actually not that bumpy

am gonna try archers springs in takanini and see what they can do for me

• 3 years later...

ok so I am an exterior plasterer by trade but just keen diy type guy

so apoligies if I ask noob questions in advance

so once I drop front down on the trimmed coon springs I want to replace the shocks all around

where do you guys recommend for cheapness and what brand is good?

also cheap good tint places

I live in papakura south Auckland btw so around these ways would be choice