Bizzo's 1985 Toyota Cressida - "The Waka"

Bistro

Where to start... I guess the beginning.

The year was Two-thousand and Seven, I was looking for a new whip as Chalky, rest his poor soul, was no longer able to provide bona fide reliable daily driver duties.

p1010018mediumpq8.jpg

Enter 1x MX73 in factory Georgian Clay with factory dome button leather interior and factory digital dash being propelled smoothly down the road by a factory big block 2.8 litre 5M-GE pointing its apparent 160 odd mulepowers of fury towards a factory slush box with factory electronic power and economy modes.

This thing was factory.

As it was in Palmy I had Cam check it out, then made an offer and went up and collected. Went round to Sparkles whare and showed to my IRS stz to which he coined it "THE WAKA."

[insert pictures of when I got it that I dunno where they are..]

I drove around like this for a while. Then I got a hold of some SSR Mesh rims in staggered sizing 15"x7.5" and 15"x8" and had 185/55's care of Cam and some 195/60s fitted.

Enter enthusiastic Shaun and enthusiastic Robert with enthusiastic Bosch spinning tool of power to create a masterpiece fit for a cruise to the Makara Meet in the year of OH EIGHT.

p1010023e.jpg

p1010029yq.jpg

18ak.jpg

Looked mean. Rode like a sack.

048small.jpg

Went back to standard height whilst I sorted some parts.

Enter new 185/55/15s, new GT4 Celica front inserts, new Nissan Cefiro rear shocks and more springs.

ROUND TWO, FIGHT!

Once again, dunno where some of my photos are so I don't have pictures of struts but here is comparison of rear shocks.

sdc10405small.jpg

Rides mean, actually got decent amount of travel this time. Rolled to Nats 09. Got pulled up by a funny but GC highway patrol on the Desert heading north. "Running a bit of toe in toe out there mate??!!" "Ahh yea sure." Haha just checked reg/wof, sweet as. No problems to Taupo and back except spitting out some water on the Nats cruise.

Parked up at Huka Falls for Sunday brunch

nats09138.jpg

On way south, Club '33 reppin

nats09152.jpg

Fresh Fruit and Slammed Whips

nats09169.jpg

nats09171.jpg

Had a look when back home, turns out fins were non existent in certain parts of radiator which is can be expected for a 25 year old vehicle.

Enter freshly recored radiator for cheap, also dual core thank you very much.

Rolled SWAPMATE OH NINE.

sdc10547l.jpg

Filthy waka jesus

sdc10599p.jpg

In between these to slammings I did some other bits and pieces. Had the starter motor reconditioned, fixed some rust round the boot lip and in left front guard. General upkeep etc etc.

WOF TIME, JACK IT UP!

Daily duties some more.

Fuel pump and relay were then replaced to remedy some issues. Now running brilliantly again.

At this current stage I have once again lowered it with some compressed standard springs done by NZ Spring Works (top fellas in there) and some Nissan random springs in the rear. The Nissan springs settled too low so the cuts are back in for the mean time.

Rolled Swapmate '10.

36793421548826266574171.jpg

It's pretty low now and I was planning to play around with some things, get it certified, give it the big tidy up and part ways.

HOWEVER, as I'm pretty busy at the moment and have two other vehicles that need attention and dollars, I will be keen to let it go as is, where is, for the right price. Currently has 3 months reg left and a month of WOF. If you are keen, give me a PM.

I will try and sus out some photos but I have just fucked my arm up a little so hopefully can still get onto those over next few days.

It will be a sad sad day to see it go, but you must to what you must do, onwards and upwards, put both feet forward, look at the big picture and realise every cloud has a silver lining...

• 9 months later...