E's lada wags

Mike-e

Mean, lada stz

yarns-> viewtopic.php?f=18&t=24427

Mission of epic proportions this weekend, bowled down to wellys on fri with MrMcdoll feat. his wife and ash to pick this bitch up.

Massive thanks to Edz, his wife, Ash, spank diddy, K trip and all those who drank with us on friday night for all their respective assistances, accomodation and company on this absolute cunt of a mission.

enough talking, pics

wags.jpg

sideprofile.jpg

otherside.jpg

so first things first, ripped the fucked motor out, floor at work looked like the gulf of fucking mexico

diddylol.jpg

fuckyouiq.jpg

holek.jpg

revive to stay alive

choplol.jpg

admiration.jpg

assemble old box to spare engine and ride it

rideengine.jpg

smash spare engine into hole, affix

enginein.jpg

engine also has this handy dandy crank pulley. totally making up a speeder bar thing to crank start it

crankpulleylol.jpg

thats all for today, more tomorrow. keen to drive this to HB

Got some more shit done today

yupsh.jpg

got all the bullshit onto motor, threw some oil and coolant at it. runs, no leaks. tits.

motory.jpg

also jacked the rear up and checked clutch and box. both seem sweet. pleasantly suprised to find it had 5 forward gears - neat.

parked.jpg

hope to go for a little drive tomorrow to check brakes, steering etc

Sweet, changed diff and gearbox oil. checked and repacked front wheel bearings. put washers under tie-rod ends (shhh). brake calipers are off and getting a hone + seal kit thrown at them, new wheel cylinders turning up in the morning. Sorted out charging system. checked all headlights, tail lights and indicators - all good. Tore down spare carb, cleaned out all the capitalist scum, resealed and fitted to engine - idles sweet now.

Tonight is more niggly shit like making wipers/washers go/squirt, fitting a horn and making it work etc. Pretty much all the shit that mr wof man might pull it up on.

Paint this weekend! after that just need to fit some seats and put the glass back in then drive to wof place

Will flick some more pics up tonight.

continue disregarding Lello wheels

big ups to spenno for his spraying stz an coating this bitch with SPF30!

huge thanks to MrMcdoll and Tim for helping me with that motherfucking bitch cunt asshole of a fucking windscreen. my heart seriously goes out to those novus/smith+smith/whatever cunts that have to fuck around with glass all day. so so OH so cunty. half a tube of wurth windscreen adhesive on it though, probably the most ridgid part of the car now

fucks.jpg

yesaa.jpg

looks more reddy in the sun and less shit brown, which is unfortunate.

wof time in 8 hours and 27 minutes, hope his list of shit to do is smaller than mine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

no pics update ahahah!!

a massive thanks to chris:

THANK YOU SEXYCHRISURINATIONSTATION (EURON8)

For true OSGC hookups on rear seat and trim bits. made my life 100,000x easier. you are the man. havent tried the wheels yet so thanks for those will come in due time :D

As for the car, have bleed the brakes thirty two hundred times and edz tried once, forwards bleed, reverse bleed, vacuum bleed, upside fucking down LD1 spec bleed, still no joy and spongyish. Even with refurbished calipers on front and new wheel cylinders on the rear . I've decided to make it someone elses problem so it actually gets sorted. Then its just poosing up a exhaust holey moley and its wofable.

ah-hermn.. have got an engine for it also, for after its legal. Diesel, 2 litre, 4 cylinder, sort of turbo, sort of supercharged but doesn't do either particularly well :D

• 5 months later...

Also update as of late, have fitted new brake master cylinder but to no avail. Ladas or mine inparticular have a crazy rear drum setup that has no "star adjuster wheel" to space out the shoes, so im looking at making an adjuster up for it or seeing if I can source self adjusting wheel cylinders (if such a thing exsists). I'll throw up some pics shortly, maybe one of you chaps will have a more elegant solution.

still having potential engine transplant dillemas, i've got this raging whore of a superturbo comprex diesel charger engine sitting here and it just doesn't suit the car. Speaking to chris and stephen a long time ago he mentioned that a V8 wont fit in no way no how, but im really not going to be happy with it with less that 8 cylinders under the bonnet. Ideas anyone? needs to be oldish and of the shithouse persuasion - like the car. carbd lexus? 253?

theres one somewhere with the following audi 8 pack in it. do like apart from the shiney bits

48_DSC03368_jpg.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...