Ranter's widebody Starion

Ranter

Hi all this is my widebody Starion, its not what I wanted when buying one as its a low spec odd ball but happened to find it not far from home and it saved me importing one (or put it off a few years)

It has a four wheel steering set up out of a Galant VR4 confirmed by Fuel, and a few other weird specs, eg: 4 stud hubs, no intercooler and a low output engine, Jap style digital dash and interior but euro style number plate surrounds.

(photos in first post are shamelessly borrowed from Prozac he took them before I owned it)

Starion2.jpg

dash4ws.jpg

diff.jpg

under24ws.jpg

Got it home

aussiestarion003.jpg

With some wheels I found with spacers

bothcars2.jpg

Engine

engine.jpg

4wsrebuild019.jpg

ready2paint2.jpg

ready2paint3.jpg

atshop001.jpg

Back from panel shop with engine bay and door shuts painted and all panel work done

(couple years later lol)

4paint1-1.jpg

After I had refiited steering, front end etc

enginebaypainted.jpg

Topaintaframe002.jpg

Painted!

pickup003.jpg

pickup002.jpg

Random but the odd steering box, not to sure how many 4ws cars have a steering box?

4ws2-1.jpg

Bit of a jump here, has glass, dash and now engine. (the duration of this build has made me put the engine back in with no detailing, figure I can tidy that stuff up when its a driving car again)

017.jpg

As it sits now

018.jpg

• 4 years later...

Its been 4 years and I decided to get the earthquake damage and the front guard repaired where paint had reacted.

The repairs to the fibreglass front spoiler were no good and made it unusable, so I got a American spec rubber/plastic one and that is now painted ready to be fitted. I prefer the look of the original one but not much I can do, it is better to just move forward.

Shitty cell pic, it is painted now. I'm going to get the panel shop to fit the spoiler as I just don't have the time anymore. Plan is to get it home and play with it as time allows instead of driving it in and out of the workshop every day for the next four years. (probably after a short visit to the electricians)

IMG_0682.jpg

• Like 1