1975 Triumph 2500 "BOSO STYLE" Update

I got the old girl back when i was 15 then sold it when i was 17 for $950 2 sum hippys. 4 years later i spotted it down at my local scrap metal dealer. After shit loads of phone calls i finally persuaded the bloke 2 sell it to me for $220. it was in a pretty sad state, ignition barrel was smashed off, interior was filthy and full of junk.....

Its still a work in progress, im going for the boso look, with 13x9" widened steelies with stretched tyres (yes i know its not entirely legal but i dont care lol) , chin spoiler, lowered, custom interior with fishnet Recaros, original faded paintwork, boso upswept exhaust, mirrors half way down the guards, and a nice sound system.

Ive already done the motor, its got a rebuilt 2.5, with 1 3/4 S.U carbs, planed head, and a P.I grind cam. (more lift than a std TC or S cam) just need a manual overdrive gearbox to finish it off really because it runs out of revs at 100mph lol.

When i picked it up from the scrap metal place and drove it home lol

pickup.jpg

last week just before i started stripping it, i chucked some old tridents on to see how it looked.

DSCF3492.jpg

Update Time

Interior, new carpet is slowly getting there, and black door cards.

DSC04922.jpg

Mocked up my Boso exhaust tip, dont want it too over the top

DSC04921.jpg

side view with the mandatiory "for sale" sign.

DSC04920.jpg

A bit too low i think?

DSC04925.jpg

Pure power lol, stole the alternator 4 my other triumph last night

DSC04924.jpg

My other Trumpy. No mods planned 4 this 1, its too standard.

DSC04919.jpg

my other project, Ford P100 (sierra ute) now with toyota 1kz Turbo diesel power, got big plans 4 that some day.

DSC04926.jpg

Update as of the 28/10

Have been real slack, but i have taken two coils out of the back so it sits alot nicer now.

DSC04945.jpg

And FUCK YOU dizzy!!

DSC04946.jpg

• 7 months later...

Ok so after alot of non car related Drama, Ive finally started work on this thing again! I went through several engine ideas Rb30, sr20 etc but im just settling on the a hotted up Standard 2.5 motor with overdrive gearbox. Anyway on with the pix

DSCF3801-1.jpg

Pink!! lol

DSCF3802-1.jpg

pink bits

DSCF3804AAA.jpg

because the engine needs wings

DSCF3805-1.jpg

the Donk waiting for its new paint. Note new gaskets on floor

DSCF3807-1.jpg

some nice reconditioned SU carbs just got one of the chambers off for polishing

DSCF3806.jpg

and the manual overdrive box. Hard to get hold of these.

So now just got to paint the engine block, bolt all the pink bits on and put it in!

Rite so I really need to get my ass into gear. I need this finished by the 13th so i can drive it to Dunedin. Today I focused on putting the motor back together, had to make up some paper gaskets for the fuel pump, water pump, and thermostat housing. Need to go to Repco tomorrow and buy a load of hose clamps, 2x Airfilters, oil filter and some oil. Then it will be ready to throw in.

DSCF3821.jpg

DSCF3822.jpg

Looking good I rekon. :D