perrinsohc's Vauxhall Magnum

perrinsohc

The springs taper inwards at both the top and the bottom in the rears at least (well I know the estates do, presume the sedans are the same? Phil will answer this ?) So "normal" springs cant be used - commodores etc etc

You didnt buy this off a guy that lived in burwood area ?

This car was bought in 2003 and sat up our drive till 2008, thats when I developed an interest in cars and started to work on it. I really don't know who It was bought from sorry. Far too long ago and my parents were the ones who bought it. (I was still at primary school and couldn't care less about cars :lol: )

Bellamy and East in christchurch will do all your spring needs. can make custom sizes, or compress/reshpae current ones. Not sure on the viva suspension set up, but if its anthing like a chevette then its as simple as finding a shorter shock that will bolt in, is fairly easy. im just cutting a few coils off and using shorter shocks to keep it all captive. can also find shorter springs that will fit if you dont like cutting them

Sounds good mate, thanks for the info. Im quite keen on keeping all the original parts so would definately get a full replacement option. Another place I'll have to check out.

welcome aboard fellow viva owner. I like the look of the magnum front. Your car looks nice and period. More viva's please.:)

The rear springs are bloody soft standard. It doesnt take much filling of my boot to get a jacked up front!

Thanks mate, i can totally agree with you about the springs haha. always a good laugh with 5 people in it. I've never minded how slow it is lol at least it isn't a automatic one :lol: