Bizzo's 1980 Mazda 323 Wagon

Bistro

Recipe for one choice project is as follows:

Firstly, find these ingredients:

1x Bizzo

1x Seedy Al

1x Friday piss up

1x Several Bourbons

1x Set of Hayashi Streetfins (At awesome sizing and offset of course)

1x 323 Wagon (In good and standard condition of course)

Mix ingredients into one large bowl, being careful not to mix Fins and 323 directly together as this will result in natural disasters due to shear awesomeness.

Place in Crock-Pot and leave to cook on a medium heat for 1 day, being sure to stir ideas around in head every 2 hours.

Turn to low heat and simmer for a further half day, stirring ideas every 5 minutes.

Once cooked, serve in a 8.5" deep dish (see what I did there Allan) with a side of old man interior smell and potential max burnouts.

This food related analogy is making me hungry so I should probably stop now.

I am now the owner of a wonderful little Mazda 323 Wagon. Sporting a bright orange paint scheme, four doors, and a boot, this little champ was propelled off the production line in 1980 by a 4 cylinder 1,272cc poopy piston powerhouse which I'm sure would have chirped the tyres in at least one of the 4 forward gears available. This particular wagon is also modelling what would seem to be the period favoured two tone brown and tan interior which, no doubt, would have reminded the purchaser of this fine mode of family transportation that he or she should have ticked the black with black option.

Here are a few pictures courtesy of the Seedy Man himself:

P7240664.jpg

P7240663.jpg

P7240661.jpg

P7240662.jpg

P7240665.jpg

Pretty much the same as a barn find, but In a garage

P7240660.jpg

Allan

It is this part of the post that I would like to thank KK and Aiden for organising the use of Aiden's car trailer for transportation (which as you can see from the first post has not only tridents but also a Waka attached to the front) and also Joe/Goat/Flange for helping me pick it up and lending meone side of his now very Japanese garage for storage. Thanks.

The car is in pretty good condition, both internally and externally. It is all standard and I would like to keep it that way (for the time being).

However, the interior needs a good clean and the exterior looks like it may have had a respray at some stage. With closer inspection you can see the paint was probably applied as a top coat only with little or no prep work as is is beginning to bubble and peal off in some places. Quite noticeable around the scuttle panel. The left rear panel looks to have been dented and bogged over which is also bubbling out but over all I am happy with it.

Plans are to replace the wee four banger (which, thanks to Joe's curiosity, actually runs) with an engine of similar displacement.

I introduce, 1,308cc of twin rotor rotary engine, the Mazda 13B (crowd goes wild with applause).

picture090wt0.jpg

Naturally, why stop at 13B when you can level up to 13BPP (Stephen goes more than wild with more than applause).

So now the hunt is on for a few parts (ok, more than a few) and then add it all together and then do a skid.

Please discuss this project in the project discussion thread.

• 1 year later...