Hunteds 1977 chevette

Beaver

Well long story short I no longer have the cortina, and have taken possesion of this wee beasty.

Its a 1977 chevette witht he mighty 1300 (1275?)

Has been repainted quite recently, and has new coil, dizzy and leads, and an electric fuel pump. Runs sweet and is nice not having to hold my breath every morning when I go to start it.

In retrospect I probably could have got more for the cortina, but it was very rough around the edges and I was constantly spending time and money on it, just keeping it going. So hopefully this will be more reliable, and is a damn site more economical. Came on the 14s in the pictures, and also with the original steels with a full set of hubcaps. Plan is a bit more low and then maybe widen the steels. Otherwise failry untouched, just tidy it up.

Ive had a chat to Chris (cul8r) and Zac (ProZac) has been in touch regarding a few parts im after, and would appreciate any advice or info from other people that know about these. Im going into this one blind and deaf so any help would be great haha

Here are some pics

7.png

6.png

5.png

4.png

3.png

2.png

1.png

Did a bit of tidying up on this today. Removed the hideous tow bar, cut down the exhaust a bit and chucked a wee chrome dumpy tip on it (still only pee shooter spec). Also droppped steels in at Elite to get them widened 2", so will be 7s all around. Chucked a few missing scews around the place and now it doesnt rattle at all. Is damn nice to drive and is so much fun boosting round town.

PS haters gunna hate

just brought a parts car (pretty much complete minus engine and gbox) for hundy bucks in nelson lol. Dude is giving me it to me for cheaper if i bring a gearbox up for him from darfield. Hopefully I get a few more people with the errands to run, and help pay for gas money haha.

Anyways, if the wide steels dont work out (ie not being able to go low enough (easily and practicly) to look good), then I think i may head down this road....ie larger mesh rims.

DSCF2208.jpg

i rekon that looks so sweet

was hungover as fuck on friday, so didnt make it to my 2 hours of uni. Instead i pulled the clock out of the gauge cluster ( took longer than i thought haha) and wired in a little oldschool tacho. Had to did a bit of cutting but it fits perfectly and looks factory. Probably the first time ive done anything properly haha.

heading up to nelson tomorow to pick up parts car, then lowering will ensue

no doubt Elite will be another "1-2 week"'/months wih my steels

• 3 weeks later...

quick update.

wheels should be finished by the end of the week (so next week lol). Have lowered the back some more, just waiting on the wheels before i lower front and back more.

replaced the broken head light surrounds and painted them black, looks way better than the silver ones

IMGP2933.jpg

then got a set of original wheels from Prozac (cheers man) so whipped those on with some new tyres (cheers chris :D ) which ill swap onto the wide rims

IMGP2932.jpg

then got bored this arvo so painted them black

IMGP2936.jpg

was planning on painting the wide rims black once they are done, but after seeing these in black im thinking perhaps a darker grey/silver, so that the wheel stands out a bit more

and a few pics from the oldschool trip to kaikoura

IMGP2928.jpg

IMGP2927.jpg

discuss/abuse :lol:viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23422&start=60

right, for those who have been following the discusion thread, this will make sense....

just heard back fromt he guy with the a15 sedan. he sold it before he actually picked it up, and the new owner took out the a15 and gave it to him. he said it was on standard mounts, and just has a modified sump. he said he will swap me the modified sump he has for a standard a15 sump if i end up buying an engine

so yeh, eyes are now open for a cheap a15. this semi confirms a few internet rumours ive herd that a a15 is a bolt in affair (engine wise). gbox however is another story....

a standard a15 is 80hp (not sure if thats at the flywheel or atw), and the might 1256 that i currentlky have is 52hp at the fly, and 40 atw. so either way, itl give iot some more go :D

discuss! viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23422&start=60

• 2 weeks later...

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS

cant find my camera batteries...they are in my bb gun somewhere

got wheels back from elite (finally). had a test fit, and my god they look sweet. pretty much flush with the guards so will look super sweet once its lower (will definitly be hitting riverside for some guard lipping treatment)

will be getting tyres chucked on tomorrow, big thanks to chris :D i probably owe you have a piss shop by now....haha

• 2 weeks later...

before

Pic_0824_003.jpg

after

Pic_0907_022.jpg

Pic_0907_021.jpg

looks a gazillion times better. its about 100mm at the cross member, with ballon spec 185/65s. next is to track down some shorter shocks

also need to do some work on front bumpstops/bumpstop tower. it may/may not be sitting on bumps

been out doing some measuring. its 95ishmm at the cross member which is a tad gay, wanted to keep it above 100. have another set of springs, so might make them half a coil taller then these and stick them in. fronts are still captive(ish) surprisingly, but shocks are fucked so will get some new ones, slightly shorter. Also have a decent set of front shocks from parts car which are the right size to keep the rear captive, have just got to get some new bushes for them.

exhaust hangs down and catches on driveways/speed bumps etc so will eventually get it hung up a bit higher

that is all

yeh so the springs have now settled....has dropped to about 80mm at the cross member. wheels on lock are stupidly close to rubbing, and its sitting on the bumpstops again. its also a heap lower than the back now.

so plan is to put my other springs in, with half a coil extra, should lift it a touch

few pics (excuse the tiny rim on teh back, waiting foer eltite to fix the leak in my wide one)

Pic_0910_025.jpg

Pic_0910_024.jpg

Pic_0910_023.jpg

so was driving home today, and there is a cop often parked on my road getting people speeding. drove past him and he watched me intently. got home, went in the garage to turn everything on etc and I walk out to my car and there he is haha. basically he said if ""I see the car again like that, ill get the measuring stick out and have a look underneath" and then "so you may want to do something about it" then said have a nice day and went back to his car. was jolly nice about it haha. So yeh, I put another set of springs in with another coil and its all good now. hopefully will settle a touch, but is even with the back, and much nicer to drive

• 3 weeks later...