RB25 help

Sorensin

Hey guys I know its not oldschool, but I'm trying to help my friend with his skyline project.

He's put a RB25 de+t from a R32 into his R32 which had a RB20 de in it. He was just put in a new tidy loom, theres a couple plugs that aren't plugged into anything? He hasn't changed the airflow meter so its got a green sticker one in atm. What computer should he be looking at running and should he be swapping his airflow meter? Does anyone here map computers?

Also he has a T3/T4 turbo with no waste gate on it which he wants to put in, wondering how we go about this? information? links to pages? bolt on parts?

Cheers guys

Does the new engine have vvt? /variable cam timing. This is shown via large bulge in cam cover on inlet side

If it doesn't you could use the old loom as everything will be the same.

The only new plug on the newer vvt engines to worry about would be for the solenoid to active it.

You cant remap the newer ecus which are from the r33 but if it is an early 25 from the r32's it can be mapped. Your mods sound pretty common, a ecu tune place should be able to get something pretty close without it being on the dyno.

Upgrade to a purple sticker one, not important at this stage can be done later on.

Basically, buy a new plenum or get someone/u to weld on an extension off standard turbo manifold with a wastegate flange on the end

Hey its non VVT,

He purchased a 'mapped' ecu with a boost cut and speed cut to suit his engine, but that ECU causes backfiring and is VERY un responsive.

He also has a RB20 DE ECU that when used doesn't iddle properly and causes detonations under revs, this ECU has far better throttle responce.

Would a manual or auto ECU make a differnce?

Is the purple airflow meter the same as the pink? if not which car is the purple airflow meter from?

purple one from internet looking is from a cefiro and you dont want that. its supposedly the orange sticker afm's from 300zx's you want if you need a upgrade. which with a rb25de+t i doubt you would, just a rb25det afm should do fine.

i dont know about the AFM colours as my series 2 RB25DE runs pink sticker afm.

maybe this will help http://www.paulr33.com/diagrams/airflow ... iring.html

your mapped ECU sounds like its over fueling which means possibly it was tuned on different injectors/AFM. Your rb20de will definatly been leaning out and not supplying enough fuel i wouldn't be running that again if you value your engine. i would be looking for a rb25det series 1 ecu and matching afm and trying that