Pauls 510 FJ20et project

RIghto, so yesterday my stockcar was traded for a 72 datsun 1600 SSS..

the guy i got it off said there were quite a few parts with it..

A FEW!!!! is a friggin understatement... :owned:

atleast i can sell off the bits i dont need/want and recover some $$$ i spent on the stockcar,which was in excess of $12K...

the body is immacco,one little rust hole in the left rear door frame, but ill get that done by a panel beater...do this one properly i think..

its got a FJ20et bolted in with 5speed box..theres a link ecu and associated bits in a box with new plug leads..

it rolls on brand new/unused ever! FR17 simmons with new tyres.

i doubt the suspension is lowered,well the front isnt anywhere near lowered,brakes are stock.

theres a front mount i/c but ive noticed the front panel has been cut to accommodate it :baseballbat: GGGRRRRR, but there is a mint replacement, so i may look at binning the i/c..

the roof lining is mint and white,one small cut in the bottom of the left rear at the bottom of the pillar,meh..the dash is complete,but has one crack above the speedo..theres carbon faced autometer gauges in it where the stock gauges were,the stock gauges are in with the parts...

the boot was full of bits, mainly tail lights,headlight buckets,indicators, wiring, 2 looms, a dash thats been recovered in blue, a battery box full of inner door handles, various trims,wiper arms,indicator stalks, a early gauge set(68-69??),another one aswell

some pillar vent thing-non SSS,bumpers and number plate light things.brake and clutch master cyls,cowl/wiper vents,some i/c piping, a stock fj20et dump pipe and a custom one,some large radius exhaust bends,surge tank,fuel pump,braided line,battery cable,some odd seats from i dont know what, a datsun seat base...

i cant believe how good the doors open and close for an old car like this...

heres some pics..

1002269b.jpg

1002270jc.jpg

1002271q.jpg

1002272h.jpg

1002273t.jpg

1002274j.jpg

1002275h.jpg

if you can see a part you need let me know and ill check its quality...

theres also a HT18 turbo in a box too...rx7 maybe??

also some starters and alts,and a exhaust manifold,theres another starter thats different to the others which i hope is a fj20 starter..

so many parts it makes me sick.... :puke:

1002279t.jpg

1002281eu.jpg

1002284t.jpg

1002285.jpg

I was quite surprised to find a perma seal pack in the car, opened it up and there was a complete gasket set,even a head gasket, score :Jelly:

there are a few thing i need, a dizzy cap, parcel tray, and a center console( if these had them).

bonnet catch-unless i find it in the bits..

1002291k.jpg

1002292c.jpg

1002276m.jpg

1002277r.jpg

1002289.jpg

had a play round this arvo (couldnt help myself) and played with the surge tank set up..

it came with a 5.5-9psi pump so i guess thatll be the lift pump to the surge tank.

theres braided line from the tank to the pump,pump to surgey,tank to surgey overflow, return line to surgey, just need some more braided line for the engine bay.

theyv allready run new fuel pipe under the car,to and from..bonus.

the main battery cable to the starter is run also, i just need to mount the battery box and get a battery.and do an earth lead.

i also need to get a external efi pump..

fitted the fuel rail and fuel reg back onto the manifold and injectors, just need a heap of hose clamps for the fuel lines there. then refit the manifold with sealent, but that can wait till i get the dizzy sorted cos its under the manifold.

ill take it into work this week and do the exhaust on it, costs me nothing in labour and i get the tubing at cost price..pitty i finish working there next week. :cry:

once thats all done ill look at wiring in the link

i wont run the front mount cos it wont allow for a big enough radiator i dont think.

a vr4 front mount may be a better fit though.

need to sift through the parts for a clutch slave and fit that up.

a accelerator cable needs to be sourced to make it work...

and lastly a driveshaft, i dont have one...and i might remake some of the mounts in it....

yes a fair bit of work.....cant wait to lay lines..

• 4 weeks later...

mother fucking picture time bitches!!!!

got home from town stuff early, weather was good so i jumped straight into the shed, and pulled out the molar of an engine, box is still in there till tomorrow..

1002449.jpg

1002454b.jpg

1002453.jpg

pics of ning springs... id be happy with this height at the front, maybe a little higher but not much, the rear def needs to be higher...or does it??? :drool:

its getting the max jenny craig tuckage

1002450u.jpg

1002451kb.jpg

1002452.jpg

so there has been a change of plans, ive sourced a L18 out of a 720 ute..

gonna drop that in there so i can get it on the rd (re-vin)..

then depending how sacky the performance is on the L18 i may even cam it and put either a 45mm sidey or twins on it...

want to look at putting shorter struts in the front ( i think r31 is the go) and fit my coilover kit to them.

will try and make a pair of nissan coilovers fit the rear,they have a 20mm eye at the bottom and a plate at the top, but ill measure up and see if i can mount them in like the standard shocky, if not ill get the turrets enlarged and maybe need heavier springs for it...

the r31 struts should offer better brakes too i hope..the rears ill just leave as drums for now i think.they work just as good as discs.not like its gonna be a track car.

so with the fj20et sitting in the corner of the shed feeling sorry for itself for being overweight i will sell it if someone gives me an offer of much $$$, will throw in the link,i/c and all the other goodies that are there for it...i dont see myself using it in the future, more likely itll find a 13b in there first,haha but probably not...